Chapter 28

Demi's POV

"Ms. Lovato" I quickly shot up from my seat hearing one of the doctors call my name.

"Is Izzy okay" I asked in a panic.

"She's awake. However Ms. Lovato I do need to know where you found Isabella, we found Flunitrazepam, better known as the date rape drug in her system. Which explains her not being responsive". the doctor continued to explain. 

"I um picked her up from the beach she was out with um friends" I stuttered in attempting to figure out how Izzy had ended up in this situation.

"Okay well its important for you to have the full details, she's awake now. If you'd like you can take her  her breakfast, considering we pumped her stomach she really needs some nutrients in her" the doctor informed me handing me a tray of hospital food.

"Okay thank you. Question? Why was it necessary to pump her stomach" I asked.

"Ms. Lovato have you considered enrolling Isabella in rehab. She had high levels of alcohol in her and numerous traces of various other drugs" he said causing me to almost drop the tray of food.

"Thank you" I simply nodded before walking in to Izzy's hospital room.

Izzy's POV

My eyes felt heavy as the bright lights blinded me. 

"What the hell" I thought to myself as a attempted to sit up taking notice of my surroundings. Why was in a hospital and what the hell were all these the wires connected to me. Wait why was I in the hospital.

"Hey" I heard a soft voice turning my attention to the door. Demi. Crap! "The doctor said you need to eat up" 

"Sorry" I barely whispered under my breathe, I don't know why I suddenly felt ashamed.

"Come on, you need to eat something" Demi said placing the tray of food next to my table revealing a very undesirable oatmeal.

"I think you're cooking is better" I chuckled causing Demi to slightly laugh too. 

"I can go find something else at the cafeteria" Demi smiled.

"Please" I smiled.

"Okay, i'll be back" Demi said making her way to the door. "And Izzy we're going to talk after breakfast" she spoke before closing the door behind her.

I placed my head back on my pillow sighing. I knew what was coming and I could feel my anxiety building up. Trying to to calm my nerves I closed my eyes.

" I found some fruit and cereal" I heard Demi chirp walking up to my bed. 

"Thanks" I said sitting up again. After throwing out the nasty oatmeal Demi fixed me some cereal. 

Silence overtook us as I began eating and Demi continued drinking her coffee.

"Mom is on her way" Demi finally spoke up.

"You called her" I looked up.

"Actually she called me, thats why I was looking for you in the first place" Demi spoke making me look back down at my bowl of cereal. "Why did you run away Izzy" she asked.

"I didn't run away" I signed. "I just needed to get away for a bit" 

"Okay that's understandable but why. Izzy what's going on" she said coming closer to me. I couldn't take it anymore I felt tears breaking to fall. I felt warm arms embrace me, which was all I needed to break down. Demi continued to comfort for me in till I was finally able to compose my self. 

"Sorry" I sniffled letting go of Demi's embrace.

"Hey its okay I'm just... "

"Izzy" a familiar voice cut off Demi.