Is This What You Call A Family?

Chapter 18- A Trophy Father's Trophy Son by Sleeping With Sirens

I've been back from the hospital for a week and my family is already leaving. I mean I'm not complaining but it feels a little odd. This trip has been planned for a few months so I get it. I've been trying to talk a little more but it's really only fragments of sentences which is better than nothing according to my mum but that doesn't stop the problems intertwined in my family. Dad blames mum even more now and is out later with the secretary who is probably pregnant if we're being honest and mum continues to cover it up with a silvery flask and slurred words. Though, family trips still exist since my dad wants his work buddies to think we're good...yet he doesn't hesitate to leave his youngest son behind. My mum constantly asked if I wanted to go but the doctor said my punctured lung or whatever isn't airplane compatible and I didn't want to be a burden on my family making us travel in a crude, cramped car. So they'll be gone for two weeks and be back just before school begins, which I'm somewhat looking forward to. I mean, with Mike hanging around no one gave me shit and if they did Mike would beat them so hard they couldn't even remember their name. If anyone even hushed a bad word or a hateful glance in my direction Mike was like a bloodhound to figure out who did it. So no one messed with me, I just got to go through my classes, quiet but a straight A student...the only thing straight about me. I laughed slightly to myself about the gay joke I made before hearing the door creak open in the dead silence I had the house set at. I smiled looking up to see Austin trying to tiptoe my direction.

"You're unsneakable" he pouts.

"You're just loud" I snap back playfully.

A playful dominance flashed though his eyes, which was very hot and made my insides turn to liquid, and he spoke with deep, flat tone. "You're going to get it now" He mumbled right before lunging at me, but since I have cat-like reflexes I ducked so effortlessly out of his way, only letting out a small squeak compared to the loud groaning sound he made when he his the vacant couch. "You cannot out run me" He says popping up, unharmed "I'm the hunter and you're the deer, the poor innocent deer." He mocks in a sing-songy voice. The air was dead playful and the sexual tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife. "You can never out run the strong hunter, especially me, the strongest of them all"

"But I am the slyest deer in the forest, easily maneuvering around any obstacle you hurdle at me" I smirk playing along with his game. This pushed him further and he ran forward with a low grunt whereas I leaped away with high pitched squeaks. Austin may be faster on the field where there is a straight sprint but I can easily jump over couches and slide across counters. When it was too cold to go outside Mike and I would disobey the 'no running in the house rule' when mum wasn't looking, and play tag. Of course I learnt a few tricks to this helping myself grow on escaping the arms of Austin who, isn't as good as Michael. He stumbled and had troubles with the barriers I jumped over. They seemed to trip him up like fallen trees cluttered together in the middle of the forest. Austin slowed down to catch his breath as I stood at the top of the stairs.

"No...Fair" he panted

"Admit it. I'm better than you" I smirk

"Never" He pants.My lips curve up in happiness knowing I could bend him to his breaking point. "You obviously...have done this before"

"I thought you were the strong hunter?" I questioned mockingly "I'm just a poor deer, innocently walking through the forest"

He looks up at me with an odd smile before slowly walking up the steps, never unlocking his eyes from mine. How I wish I could move, but his eyes created cement that hardened my feet to where they were. So all I could do is watch Austin slowly walk up the stairs at an agonizing pace, muscles creating waves as he used the railing as a support system. Once he got to the the last step of the stair case he paused, inches away from me. Though I was on a higher level than him he was still taller than me somehow. In one quick, swift movement, he grabbed me by the thighs forcing me to straddle his hips with our chests together.