You are a Handful of Roses

Chapter 13- Forget About It by All Time Low.

I never understood the fourth of July. It is some dumb holiday created to represent Americans independence. In Reality you don't need a specific day because Americans celebrate it every day. Yet my parents still find it nessisary to have a barbeque and invite everyone and their mother to our house. Then I have to be out of my room and socialize. Which for me is sitting on the couch reading and never getting up. Which I'm doing now and I'm pretty damn good at it.

"Hey Austin" I hear my brother greet his best friend and my secret lover. I watch him sit down at the table with my brother and a hot dog. Michael and his other friends talk obsessively and Austin tries to listen but I can see he's descreetly looking for me. How he hasn't spotted me yet it's a mystery because I can hear everything the boys are saying since I'm so close.

"What about you Austin?" Daryl says catching him off guard. "which bitches have you banged this summer?"

"What? Oh hmm no one special" he stumbles. I felt my heart ache I see how it is. It took everything in me not to cry.

"Come on I can smell sex on you. Who'd ya do?" Nick urges

"Dude that's gross and totally none of your business." Austin retorts. Though I was angry with him, I'd love to see how this plays out.

"Seriously" Michael nudges.

"Seriously" Austin warns "it's not all about sex. I could be dating someone"

These words caused the table to break out in laughter. "Whatever Aus. Who is she" Nick asks

"We're keeping it under wraps."

"Why? Is she ugly?" Michael asks

"No! They are absolutely gorgeous" he defends being careful of his pronouns. I felt myself smiling wildly with no real point.

"Sounds like you're whipped" Daryl laughs pretending to crack a whip.

"Am not" Austin protested they kept talking but I quickly got bored and turned back to my book.

I was totally unaware that I was smiling like a mad man until my nefew, Jack, felt the need to point it out "why are you smiling uncle Alan" the seven year old boy asked I almost dropped it but I caught it long enough to ruffle his hair and send him along his way. I tried to sink into the couch hoping that these loud mouth didn't catch Austin's attention because then he'd come over and draw attention to me. The only logical way out of this is army crawl away and run up the stairs to the safety of my bedroom. I rolled off the couch and used my arms to pull my body. I only got a fourth of the way before Austin saw me.

"What are you doing?" he asked. I froze up because maybe if I don't move he won't see me. "You know I can still see you" Shit, of course he can what did I think he was? A T-Rex? Think Alan think. How to get out of this. I stood up and made a mad dash to my room, foolishly thinking I could out run a football player. Once I got to the top of the steps he wrapped his muscular arms around my waist and pulled me into my bedroom, shutting the door behind us.

"I was trying to go cause attention" I hissed at him.

"By crawling?" He raised an eyebrow

"Whatever. You need to get back to your friends before they notice"

"One kiss?" He pouts

"Fine" I sigh knowing I cannot resist him. He pecks my lips once then connects our lips again for longer, long enough to melt our lips in the heat of July.

"That was more than one" I point out

"Good" he pecks my lips again "you can count."

"Get outta here loser" I push him out the door