Don't Pray For Me

Chapter 3- Don't Pray For Me (Asking Alexandria)

I motioned for him to follow and I lead him downstairs. I enjoyed his comany for the most part, I really wish that I could connect with him more. I just can't form accurate words to describe what is running through my head. Which is probably a good thing because I'd just mess up and make myself look like a fool.

"Where are we going?" He asks as I open the patio door to the pounding rain. I looked at him, wanting to tell him how my brother, sister and I would go out in these woods almost everyday. How we'd all walk out here in the summer and play in the tree house in the dad built. How we'd skate on the frozen lake in the midst of winter. I want to tell him how we'd scream with joy whilst playing tag or swinging freely on the tire swing built to the tree house. I may be the youngest of the children but they treated me like I was their best friend. We did occasionally fight but we were the best kids parents could ask for. But I didn't tell him I just stepped out and immediately got wet. For me, water and me just don't work. I stumbled backward with a yelp.

"Hey buddy" he quickly caught me. "Just a little rain"

I shake my head trying to stand up. How could I get so lost in him that I forgot it was raining?

"Come on" Austin takes my hand "you're okay, you're with me"

Some how his touch mezmorized me actions and his words were like he was hypnotizing me with his crystal ball eyes. We stepped out together and I tighten my grip enough to break his hand. Which is funny since I am more fragile than him with his muscular hands, so my thoughts were pretty wrong. Though I had some discomfort he made me feel better than I had ever felt at that moment. It was amazing that he was bringing the best out in me. I began to lead him to the woods which was only lit by the midnight moonlight. Not that I need that light because I could find my way to the place backwards with my eyes shut. We got to an opening where there was a large tree with a room in the peak of the tree made of wood. Underneath that was a black rubber tire attached to a rope that is tied to the branch above. Across from that was a glistening under the moonlight with ripples that soak in the raindrops. I look up to see Austin's eyes sparkling under his hair that sticks to his forehead.

"You guys used to come here as kids?" He guesses

I nod watching him cherish the moment even more. It's like he respects me and doesn't take me for granted. Briefly, I forget that I'm drenched with water sticking to my body because I'm in his presence. For once in a very long time I forgot who I am and gained a powerful perspective of what life should be. I felt myself becoming more independent from Austin and not really needing his hand to squeeze but I didn't want to let go. The general euphoria of energy he gave off was amazing. But with him being straight I let go hoping he'd follow me to the tree. Which he did, then we climbed up into the small Hut where the was bean bags and blankets to sit on.

"This is amazing" Austin cooed looking around at the miscellaneous things my siblings and I had brought up here throughout the years. I smiled faintly bringing out a deck of cards and put them between us on a small box substituted as a table.

"I like how you think Ashby" he smirks beginning to shuffle the cards. "I really only know Texas hold 'em though."

I nod indicating that I can play that too since I'm not up for teaching him new games.

"What happened to you that you never talk?" he asks bluntly

I look up at him with confusion and a little anger. Who asks someone that? I mean really no one cared enough to ask that. I mean my family knows but no one else.

"I'm sorry" he sighs "I won't push you."

I want to say things. Come on mouth work! I did the only thing I could think of and lifted up my shirt slightly so that he could see the large pink scar that etched by entire side. I squeezed my eyes shut so I didn't have to see his reaction. I kept waiting to hear a gasp but nothing. I just heard myself gasp and my eyes flung open when I felt soft fingertips brush it gently. This time Austin stayed silent searching for answers in my eyes.

"He hit me with an axe" I inform gently as he pulls his hand away. "I fell into the pool and almost died"

I couldn't watch him try to process the information I gave him any longer. There was so many questions he had bouncing around his head wanting to flood out of his mouth like a dam broke.

When he spoke he spoke gently and with care. "I'm glad you're alive."

Those for words rattled around by head trying to make sense of it. He is being so considerate. Why? Out of all the things he could have said, why'd he choose the most selfless thing?

He takes my wrist, which also has a small slash from the blade and runs his thumb over it in awe. Like it was a unicorn that he'd just discovered. I couldn't move, I just say and watched as he ran his fingertips over the scar. Each rub sending a tingling sensation through my body and resting in the pit of my stomach. A bolt of lighting stuck outside the cut out window and I jumped backwards sending cards flying around the room. Austin began to laugh his ass off causing my cheeks to turn a bright pink.

"Aw kitten" he chuckles offering a hand to pull me up. I gratefully accept and quickly balance on my two feet.

"We should get back. I don't want to be stuck in a thunder storme."