Chapter 16

Saturday has come and you, your mom along with Kita are currently at the mall, having breakfast. Kita insisted to follow when you reveal your plan because he wanted to be there for you as a support system or if you were... chickening out, he will be a man and break the news to your mom. It's hard to persuade your mom since she is a workaholic but no one can resist your puppy eyes so she reluctantly agree. Your mom even said that it will be a good excuse to take a day off. Fortunately, the twins won't be joining since its the weekend and they always have sleepover at their friend's house.

"That's a lot of food, N/N. Are you sure you can eat all that?", you laugh in embarrassment and nod, eating the bowl of pudding. Your mom simply shake her head and take a bite of her sandwich. She then turn to Kita who was quietly eating his soba.

"If you guys are going to have a date today, why would you invite me?", you nearly choke on your pudding, Kita notice it and rub your back as you cough softly. You give a nod to Kita as a thanks and he give you his fond smile.

"Actually, I have something to tell you but lets eat first?", you saw your mom's brows raise as she nod and continue eating. The breakfast was pleasant with little conversations and sharing food also with some laughters yet you still feel antsy and Kita never fails to notice it, his hand will rub comforting circle on your lap. You finish all your food first due to your uneasiness, watching your mom slowly finish whatever left on her plate.

"Shoot, N/N", you were startled when she suddenly stare at you as she dab her mouth with a tissue, not wanting her lipstick to be wipe off.

"Um... promise me something? Please don't be mad?", you heard she let out a sigh and nod.

"Yes yes now tell me what you want to tell me", you gulp your saliva, hands already trembling as you grasp your knee and felt Kita's warm hand squeeze yours lightly.

"I know you always tell me that I shouldn't have a boyfriend when I'm still schooling yet you always talk about your friends children that are married. You always tell me how you want my wedding to be this and that-"

"I don't get whatever you are trying to say right now, Y/N", you bite your lower lips, you could feel your sweat soak the back of your shirt. You put a paper bag in front of her, making her more confuse. You were her eldest but you were born around 5 years after your parents marriage which make your parents age gap different from your friends parents. Whenever you ask your friends parents current age, it's either they are the same with your parents but they have older siblings or their parents are younger than yours. And that explains why your mom has been anticipating for your wedding because most of her friends children are married and here you are, still in high school. Perhaps this little surprise will make one of her wish come true?

"What's this?", you gave her a sheepish smile, hands signal her to look inside the paper bag. Her brows raise as she pull out a printed shirt. She unfold the shirt, a rectangular box fall out of the shirt as she put it aside, the shirt read 'Grandma fox', making her glare at you. She proceed to look at the box, a few seconds pass and you saw her eyes dilate as large as it could with a gasp. She pull out the positive pregnancy test and slam it on the table, making both you and your boyfriend jump.

"You are fucking pregnant!?", you gave out an awkward laugh, face turning red along with Kita who was looking down, trying his best to avoid your mom's glares.

"Oh N/N... What are you thinking... I- Okay right. When did you find out about this?", you saw her shoulder slump, hands on her face as she let out a huge sigh while still mumbling.

"A... A month ago-"

"You keep it that long from me?", you let out a shaky breath when you heard the sound of disappointment in her voice. You squeeze Kita's hand firmly as the both of you look at your mother apologetically.