Epilogue

The sky was cloudy as the (L/N) family members went to the cemetery along with Kita and the whole volleyball club members. Your aunt follow along with the little twins to pay a visit to their mother for the last time before they will lead their life in London. After a while, your aunt excuse herself as she drag the snotty mess of the younger twins to go home first. You nod, it breaks your heart seeing them crying, trying to digest and feeling lost of the whole new situation. Your mother done her best and never pour any less of her love and attention to the little ones  as she tried to fill in the gap as a mother and also a father to the family. 

After a while, the boys one by one excuses themselves even offer to send Hara home. You and Kita thank them, giving a small smile that you could give which still could not hide and shows  your sorrow and pain. You gave Hara a hug and ask the boys to be careful on their way home.

It was only you and Kita left the last, Kita was holding the umbrella for both of you while he look at you with sadness. You were staring at the wet grounded soil where your mother lies few feets under. Your legs shaking slightly and about to give out but fortunately a warm familiar hands were there to support your pregnant body before falling on your weak knees. Your heart wrench and finally, your eyes stings, letting out tears after tears, defeated by your own emotions.

"I miss you... so much... I'm sorry and I love you, mama", your emotions are pouring out, saying it like it was a mantra, kneeling and sobs, your hand clasp on your mouth as if it could help you to cry silently. Little droplets pouring over the place and soon a harsh rain pouring down. Even the universe cry with her, sharing her sadness and mourning. You felt the familiar warm embraces you again as Kita sling his arm to pull his pregnant lover to stand up. He gave you a tight embrace as your trembling figure cry, cry your heart out and gasp for air from time to time. Kita stand there, holding the umbrella steadily above as he silently embrace you, caressing your hands and back in comfort while you cry into his chest. His other hand caress your hair, resting his head on yours as tears flowing freely as much as the sky pouring rain over both of you.

▫️▫️▫️

Under the sakura tree nearby the entrance gate of their school, another commotion unfold as usual by none other than the popular twins.

"I'M THE ONE SHOULD BE BESIDE KITA-SAN"

"NO ME YA PIG"

All the boys including you and Hara sigh, shaking their heads. Even until this day, they can't find peace with each other. Suna being the 'cameraman' was laughing in amusement while recording instead of trying to break his friends up. Kita calmly watch the bickering while one of his hand wrap around his pregnant girlfriend, thumb occasionally rub at the side of your baby bump, enjoying probably the last time to see his favorite juniors.

Fortunately, your baby bump wasn't that big and visible since you can still fit in your school uniform. Other than the boys, Hara and Kita along with your family, nobody else knows about your pregnancy. You are glad that the boys keep it a secret or it might be a problem for your remaining school days, especially knowing who you are outside of Japan.

"Shouldn't it be Y/N beside Shinsuke? You guys are shameless", Akagi blurt while making his way to the twins that somehow knock out Aran without they realize when the latter try to stop them from fighting. They stop their squabble and frown, eyes on their former manager as if asking to give up her position. You giggle and look at Kita, your boyfriend gave a nod and look at the group back with a gentle smile.

"I have a better idea. Y/N will be sitiing on a chair while all of us stand or sit around her. I will be sitting in front of her so Atsumu and Osamu can sit at either side of me", the twins face light up at the former captain suggestion. Osamu pull Kita while Atsumu push Y/N towards the sakura tree with a huge smile, making both the seniors chuckled.

"First, the couple of the year shot!", exclaimed the twins while Suna get his phone ready. You and Kita were flustered but just get on with it, fingers intertwined and you shyly put your head on his shoulder, barely reaching due to the height differences. All the boys put on their best smile, cheeks flushed as Suna make a countdown and snap a picture. One picture isn't enough that the boys even request the couple to do more poses such as Kita piggyback you which they always see when all of you walk home everyday. There were pictures where Kita princess carry you and of course a kiss shot which made all the boys wooing and awed. Atsumu were whining how he is so lonely and needed a girl, making his twin throw in insult as in 'which unlucky girl will that be to be with him'. We all know what's going to happen anyway but a stern glare from Kita make both the twins sheepishly smile while hold their hands up as if to keep up their promise to not get into a fight just for the day. The others laugh at the scene, amused at the Atsumu and Osamu huge smile yet still glaring at each other.

You look at all the boys around you, along with Hara who was making a few poses under the tree while Suna volunteers took pictures of her. It made you look back from the day you decided to come back to Japan, meeting your best friend who is now your lover and father of your child, how you were so welcome by the boys and made a friend out of Hara. Senior year passed by so fast, the excitement, overwhelming with what the future holds bring tears to not only for you but also Aran who was trying hard to not cry while Akagi try to calm him down.

You had a gentle smile looking at your friends, capturing memories and enjoying the moment. Your eyes fall on your lover, which also brings you the thought of the future, your future with your boyfriend, Kita Shinsuke.

He catch you looking at him, making a steady stride to you who was sitting on the bench near the Sakura tree by yourself. You saw him pulling out something from his right pocket. The moment Kita was in front of you, he took one of your hand with his while his other hand open a velvet box, revealed a small diamond ring in it. You were in a daze and nearly losing your breath when you saw his gentle smile.

Somehow the others caught up what happened and focus their attention on you and Kita, shushing each other as silence fill the scene.

"Y/N... Will you marry me?"

____________________________________
Hey y'all! I'm back and well... Should I just end it this way? I swear I don't even remember any of my plot and plans for this book because I was away for soooo sooooooo long! I assured y'all I'm fine and good~ Just had so many things to handle hehe

I actually already write up a sequel of this book a few years ago while I was making this one. I don't really know if I should just go on with the sequel or just end it here.

However I hope this... is the ending that y'all are happy and settled with because I have no idea how else am I supposed to write it huhu 😭

I hope everyone stay healthy and be safe! 💕

Edited 10112022