We sat in silence, albeit both of us were humming or softly singing along to the lyrics, as Gray drove me to this mysterious location. Since I wasn't able to see a clock, I wasn't fully aware of how much time had passed, but it felt like around forty minutes until I felt the car slow down into a parking space and jingly keys being ripped out of the slot.

"We're here," Gray announced happily. Not able to contain my excitement, I ripped off the blindfold, only to find a near-empty, shabby diner.

"Ew," was the first thing that came out of my mouth.

Gray stared at me, visibly offended. "It is not 'ew'," He countered. "It has character."

"Isn't that what everyone says about run-down places?" I questioned, sliding the car door open and hopping out. Gray circled around the front hood to join me.

"Celeste's Diner is a wonderful place. I've been here more times than I can count. Come on, you'll love it," Gray grinned. He took my hand, intertwined our fingers, and dragged me through the doors.

Painstakingly overwhelmed by the fact Gray was holding my hand, legitimately holding it this time, I was suffering with shallow breathing and heart irregularities as we stepped through the doors. Inside, I was greeted with the cozy feel of a diner right out of the 50's. Rubbery, bright red booths were pushed against the polished glass windows, black and white checkered tiles littered the floors, and old-timey music and movie posters were hung on the walls, alongside many, many, celestial bodies and stars. In the corner near the door, a small stage, microphone, and sound system was set up.

In the center of the diner was a to-go ordering counter, plain and wide like the ticket counters at airport check-ins. I scoped the place out as we took a seat . There were about four people in the diner besides us, mostly oldies with steaming coffee mugs and newspapers. Jazzy music was blasting through the nostalgic jukebox by the counter.

I picked up the menu, knowing full-well I felt completely full from the single granola bar and coffee cup alone from an hour ago, but I knew I had to hide my secret from Gray, and therefore scanned the menu for something light to order. I decided for a small cheese omelette and another cup of coffee, because hey, let's go crazy.

"Why did you take me here?" I stared intently at the menu hiding Gray's face. Only his dark hair was visible above the laminated leaflet. Gray lowered the menu, setting it on the tabletop.

"It's a special place to me. Kind of a boring story, but I used to live nearby here and my previous best friend is the son of the owner here," He explained, shrugging one shoulder. "I come here a lot, and I don't know, it's pretty peaceful and nostalgic."

I couldn't help but smile. "That's great."

"Gray baby!" A hearty voice pierced my eardrums, cutting me off from continuing what I was going to say.

"Aunt Celeste!" Gray said back just as cheerily. I raised my eyes to see a woman a bit on the large side, with an apron covered in sauce and wearing a violet plaid shirt underneath it. Her gingery-grey hair was secured in a knot in the back of her head.

"Oh, I haven't seen you in months! How are you! Oh, who's this, a new friend? Hello, dear, I'm Celeste, owner of this establishment," She talked a mile a minute, gesturing to the sparkling diner around here.

"I'm Natsu," I stuck out my hand for her to shake, and she took it, squeezing firmly.

"Ah, what a nice handshake you got! Very mature of you, I like it. Gray, I like this boy. My favorite season is his name and he's got a wonderful grip."

Gray chuckled, not exactly knowing what to say in response. "Is Loke here?" He asked instead. I had no idea who that was, so I sat in confused silence, pressing my lips in a firm, thin line.