Chapter 11: The next Day

We got home. The healer healed me up and put bandages on me. I haven't spoken a word since Raulen died. I don't know how I should feel about his death, happy or guilty? Thranduil came in asking "how are you feeling?". Instead of talking I just nodded. "Are you hungry?" He asked again. "no...." I said, but really quietly. "Ok, if you need anything, just tell me." he said. I smiled and nodded. He kissed my forehead and left. I tried reading a book to get rid of the thought of Raulen. I feel wanting to cry every minuet, but I try and stay calm.

*****
Dinner time...
Thranduil sat at the table and I was beside him, like always. He drank wine and ate. I didn't want to eat. "Airenel..." Thranduil called my name. I looked up to him. "Why aren't you eating?" He asked. "I'm not hungry, not feeling well." I answered putting a fake smile on my face. "Eat, maybe you will feel better." Thranduil said. "No, it won't make me feel better, it will feel worse." I answered.

After dinner I returned to our chamber. Legolas comes in. "Airenel, are you alright?" He asked. "yes, I'm fine." I just said the biggest lie. "alright just checking on you." I smiled and he exited the room. When he exited the room, I started to cry. I couldn't hold it in. Maybe fresh air will help. I put on a robe and went into the garden. I walked around thinking about Raulen, parents, and Heinqui. I just couldn't get those thoughts out of my head. I feel someone lay their hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Thranduil. I was actually glad to see him. Without words we just walked around the garden under the moonlight. It was a beautiful night. We walked and walked and went back into our chamber. I took off my robe and Thranduil changed. We had our 'goodnight kiss' and I fell asleep.