Chapter 32: In the Forest

I walked out of Legolas's chambers and went to ours. I came in and saw a girl talking to Thranduil, the girl from my party. "Hello" I said glaring at her. "oh hi! Hehe" The girl replied. Thranduil came up to me, hugged me and kissed me. "Hello darling" he whispered. "What is she doing here?" I asked. "She wanted to talk." he answered. "Leave." Thranduil commanded her. She stood up and walked out. "Are you two close?" I asked. "Were" he replied. "Long ago, we were good friends" he said. "oh" I said. He smiled and slid his arms around my waist. He picked me up. "Haha ahh Thranduil! Put me down!" I said in laughter. He spun me around. "ahhh!" I yelled. It was fun. Then he put me down. It was midnight so we went to sleep.

Morning...
I woke up to heavy rain outside. It was gloomy and foggy outside. I usually liked the rain, but not this one. I got dressed and headed to the dinning room to eat breakfast. I saw Legolas sitting down almost finished eating. I sat down and began eating. "I'm sorry for yesterday-" he started. "Its okay. I understand, I also lost loved ones, I know how it feels like." I said right away. "Thank you for understanding Airenel" he said smiling. All I did was smile.

I Finished eating and headed to the library. I grabbed a book and went to my Chambers. I opened the balcony doors and breathed in the summer rain breeze, I loved it. I left the doors opened and sat down on the bed and opened my book. Few moments later I hear a scream from outside. I stood up and went out onto the balcony, but I saw nothing. I stood there for another moment. "HELP ME AIRENEL!" I heard Nanel's voice scream in horror. I put on my cape and got a sword and ran for her. I was running through the main gates and off I ran into the Forest.

I heard more and more screaming and I was getting closer and closer. The rain pounded on the forest floor and the fog was everywhere, not able to see anything. I was deep in the forest. I didn't hear screaming anymore and stopped. I looked around side to side, up to down, didn't see her. Then an arrow hit my foot. "AHHHHH!" Yelled in pain. Nanel jumped out I front of me holding a sword in her hand. "Help me Nanel" I said thinking she would help me. "Can't. I have to do the opposite" she said. "What?" I didn't understand why. "I have to, I didn't choose my life Airenel. I'm going to have to kill you and Thranduil." she said in anger. "You don't have to" I said. "I have to. This depends on my life." she replied. She swung her sword at my, but a dodged it. "Stop!" I yelled. "I can't" she said. She aimed to stab me into my heart and i blocked it. Several time she tried to kill me. The rain made everything slippery and wet. I took the arrow out of my foot and threw it away.

She swung her sword around and I moved. I slipped and fell onto the mud. She got on top of me. There was no choice, but to kill her. It's the only way. She pointed her sword at me and said "Your fight is over". I took my blade and stabbed her right through the stomach. Her mouth opened and dropped her sword. She fell back onto her back. Tears came rushing out of my eyes. "I'm so sorry Nanel. I had to" I said. "its fine, you did the right thing" she said.

She was breathing very heavily and then stopped. She took her last breath and her eyes shut in darkness. "No no no no, please stay with me. Wake up!" I did a horrible thing. My eyes were flooded with tears. "Your fight is over" I said. I kissed her forehead and stood up. I walked towards the palace limping and crying.

What did I do?

Hey, sorry it took me a long time to update this story! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!