Derry, Maine

Jane's POV

Jane/ Eleven looked out of the car window miserably as the time passed on their way to Derry, Maine. Eventually the car passed a sign that said "Derry, Maine" and they were all slightly relieved to be closing in on the end of the long journey. As they stopped outside the new house her stomach was in knots as it all felt so final, like the entire past (and hopper) were put behind. She was also wrapped up in thoughts about her first day of school the next day. Mike had tutored her for ages about different topics but she felt she would still be behind. Joyce threw the door open and started taking out boxes. It was a nice looking street and she was a little bit excited about what the future would bring in this new town. She got out of the car and tried to help with all the boxes. She went into the house with a box and picked her room. It had a lot of space and it was plain so she could decorate it whatever way she wanted.

She left the house and got another box ready to bring upstairs when she heard her neighbours door open. Two boys stepped out. One of them looked her age and the other looked five or six. Their mother was saying "Why don't you two help the neighbours move in with the boxes.". Joyce smiled at the woman gratefully as they walked over to introduce themselves. " hi, my name is Bill and this is Georgie" Bill said pointing to himself and his younger sibling as Georgie beamed up at them. Jonathan said " My name is Jonathan and this is Will and this is Jane" he said pointing at us in a similar way. We stood there trying to start some small talk and then they heard Joyce say " Are any of you going to lift any boxes today?" with a smile saying she wasn't serious. We helped for a few hours eventually exhausted from all of the work. I just fell on my bed at 5 O' Clock for a deep sleep.

Will's POV

I lifted the last box into the kitchen and I saw Jane walk up the stairs probably on her way to bed. Mum walked in and asked me if I would go to the shop for some groceries while she unpacks the start of the boxes. I walk outside to get my bike kind of happy to be away from the chaos of a new house. I get on my bike and I peddle towards the shop we drove past on the way to our new house. I locked my bike up and I went into the shop and I hear two boys fighting. One of them was a boy with black hair and glasses that looks a lot like Mike with glasses. He is also very loud. The other is a smaller boy with a fanny pack and an inhaler clutched in his hand asking the Mike lookalike to shut up about his mother already. I walk to the other end of the shop looking at my mums list not wanting to get involved with their argument. I get all of the groceries and I am about to leave the shop when the boy with the glasses steps in front of me and says "Are you new to this town because I haven't seen you around here before?". " yes, my name is Will" I said flustered at the sudden confrontation. The Mike lookalike said "My name is Richie". The fanny pack boy said "My name is Eddie. Where are you from?". "I am from Hawkins, Indiana" I said nervously as a smile grew on Richie's face. "Oh isn't that where that lab was closed in the paper. Everyone knows about that. The places with the conspiracies." Then Eddie looks at him and said "Richie, no one wants to talk about stupid conspiracies made by crazy people." Richie pushes Eddie and says "Shut up mamas boy". They start pushing each other and fighting before Will says "Sorry, but I have to get home with the shopping. See you around". They wave as he leaves to get his bike wondering if they are all this crazy.

I cycle while looking around the new town on my way home when I hear a noise from a sewer near where I am cycling. I stop the bike and go closer to have a look. It looks disgusting but I am positive I heard something in there. I hear a slow, deep, growling voice as I felt a shiver up my spine saying slowly "We all float down here". I look fearfully into the sewer when I felt it. The feeling I had when I feel the shadow monster. I think it can't be and I realise I am on the street alone and I hastily cycle back to the new house. 

832