New year, new Derry

El's POV

New year this year is going to be amazing. I will be spending it with some of the most important people in my life. All except one. Hopper. He isn't here and we are celebrating. I have this endless pit of fear and doubt churning in the depths of my stomach. I simply can't be happy without him and I think the other's are noticing that something is off. They are all chatting but there is still an uneasy feeling in the room. Like it is incomplete. I won't feel whole until he is here and now I have to start off the new year without him. I stare off into the distance, solemnly.
Max got me out of my trance. "Jane" she said abruptly. "We should totally take Beverly shopping at some point before I leave to go back to Hawkins. You know, have a girls day". I nod in agreement as that sounds fun and I haven't had a girls day with Max in a long time, even if Mike will probably say 'she is still conspiring against me'. Now we have Beverly too. For the boys it was different because there is so many of them. They are all separated throughout the room. Max suddenly tells "Pizza party". The boys stampede to the door practically jumping over each other in a race to the pizza box. Us girls chuckled at the back.
I glance to the side. Bill looks sad. I guess he probably thought that he would get to have his brother with us this new year. "Hey" I said to Bill softly. I reached out and grabbed a slice of pizza the others had placed in a box on the table. "I am sure we will find him. We will keep looking. Want some pizza?". He smiled gratefully and nodded. Mike was standing near us with a look of disgust on his face. "You only leave us a few months and practically forget about us?". I stutter but no words come out. I don't know what to say. I have no idea what brought all of this on. I only offered someone pizza.
"You guys said you would NEVER replace us. But I guess you are so good at moving on with your lives. You have pretty much a new party and are shutting all of us out when we came here to visit you." "Mike how could you say that after last year?" Will shouts angrily. "I guess these rules only apply to you then because you were allowed to shut out your friends when you found something better and yet when we move across the country we aren't allowed to make a few friends and not be alone so either stay here and talk to our new friends like a normal person or get out." Everyone was quiet. I never seen Will so angry. I guess he never forgave him for the treatment he got before we moved. Mike glared at Will then Mike left the room.

Will's POV
I was so angry. How could Mike be treating Jane like that because she has new friends?Especially after last year when he ditched the party for her everyday. He is one to talk. Bill and Dustin were talking to me after trying to calm me down. I though it was just a phase of Mike being so annoying but now I have realized that Lucas is avoiding me too so maybe I was better off moving away. I wasn't really paying attention to what Dustin it bill were saying. Stan walked over too and said "I know how you feel". I guess maybe he feels the same sometimes because we are both quiet. I do t know about Jane but I think I am starting to like it here better than Hawkins and it has taken the party arriving here for me to see that.
Mike came back when he calmed down and continued ignoring me. The new year countdown began as we all began to count "10.....9.....8.....7.....6.....5.....4....3.....2............1....Happy new yeaaar!!!" We all shouted in a false way like everything that previously happened didn't happen. It felt strange. I felt more uneasy now than I did before the new year. I don't think the next few months are going to be good. I look to the ground and brush it off. I decide I will enjoy myself while the party is here for a few days and then figure out what is wrong in this new town. I walk towards the group with a fake smiles plastered onto my face, talking to them like I don't have an endless pit at the end of my stomach. False cheers ringing throughout the house as Joyce shouted "Half an hour until bed". We all listened and got ready for bed. New year new.... party? I thought to myself unsure of the whole concept whole settling in to an uneasy sleep.