Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

*

"Hey Camz-" I cleared my throat before correcting myself. "Camila. Why is your guitar so hidden?"

I wobbled back into the living room with the case in my arms. The first thing I noticed was that the injured woman had managed to lay onto the couch, and that she had also taped a bunch of paper towels to her whole foot. I felt myself shiver as I approached her because I noticed that a big red stain was seeping through the poor bandage. 

"That's not the broom, Lauren," she murmured, her eyes dropping. 

"I'm aware of that. You never answered my question, Karla. Why did I find your beloveded guitar all the way in the back of your closet?" 

Camila sighed heavily, "Austin doesn't want me playing it, or touching it."

"Are you fucking serious? You better be joking with me, Mila."

"He's very serious about how we live our life now, Lauren!" She furrowed her eyebrows and the gentle brown orbs became darker. 

"When's the last time you've touched this?"

Camila shifted her glance down at the guitar case in my grip, "I don't know. Five years?"

"Bullshit."

There was no response, but there was a pillow thrown at my face. 

"I would slap you, but I can't walk at the moment," Camila crossed her arms over her chest in genuine annoyance. 

I couldn't help but laugh at her presence. The Cuban proved she still wasn't satisfied when another cushion came flying my way. This time I knew it was coming, so I easily dodged it.

"Come at me," I taunted her. 

She growled in frustration and her arms became tighter around her body, "Shut up." 

I bounced my shoulders with a shrug and placed the guitar case on top of the cleared coffee table. Popping open the brackets, I removed the musical instrument. I coughed a few times from the amount of dust, but ignored it since it wasn't as bad as the glares I was getting from Camila.

"What are you doing?" She asked with the same bitter tone in her voice as I sat down across from her on the long chair. 

"Baking a cake," I sarcastically answered and adjusted the guitar in my lap. "I'm going to play the guitar for you, Camila Cabello. And if you're lucky I'll sing a little too." 

Camila opened her mouth to fight back, but only slowly closed it shut.

"Excellent," I smiled in victory before strumming a couple of chords to warm up. It took me a few extra seconds, but I eventually started to play my selected song.

When your legs don't work like they used to before,

And I can't sweep you off your feet.

Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?

Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?

And, darling, I will be loving you 'til we're 70,

And, baby, my heart could still fall as hard at 23.

And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways,

Maybe just the touch of a hand,

Well, me– I fall in love with you every single day

And I just wanna tell you I am.