soixante-quatorze

nytis

for a moment everyone paused, not understanding what just happened. minghao's soft smile grew into something more insane as he wrapped his other hand around dongyun's neck. guards were on him at once. dojin, being the fastest pulled out his knife hanging around his waist and thrusted it at minghao.

tilting his head to the side, minghao shot out his other hand gripping dojin's wrist. "and i'd think that someone like you, hanging off his majesty like a leech, would be stronger." peals of laughter fell from the man's mouth as a sickening crack traveled through the air.

dojin's face twisted in pain as he dropped the knife, "i already beat you up once," minghao said, directly in the man's face, pulling dongyun beside him using him as a human shield. "you know, i really regret not killing you that time. i guess today's my lucky day."

jihoon stumbled back a few steps and watched as minghao kept one hand on dongyun while his other on dojin. the man laughed like a child who had just found a new toy. guards didn't dare go near him, scared hey would accidentally impale their screeching king.

"lee jihoon, i assume?" the other man smiled at him and gave him a quick bow then dodging out of the way from a guard. he swiftly kicked the man's legs before twisting his head in an unnatural position.

the guard gurgled before slumping to the ground, "my greatest apologies for the mess," the man said, slightly guilty, as if he didn't just kill someone, "hong jisoo, it's a pleasure to finally meet you. i'd advise you to leave quickly for your own safety."

jihoon watched in shock as more guards started streaming in. however, it seemed like no matter how many came in minghao and jisoo could handle them all with ease. minghao giggling, his white shirt now stained with blood. jisoo not a single hair out of place, killing people in the most elegant way possible.

"c-close the gates- " dongyun's shrieking was cut off by minghao, who sent the man a ugly snarl and tightened his grip on his esophagus.

"when can i kill this fucking rat," minghao growled, pulling his knife out of someone's temple, "my hand is starting to get tired."

down below, the gates didn't close. there was simply no time for the guards to close the gates. angry citizens holding all sorts of weapons charged forward, trying to do as much damage as they could. it was clear that jihoon wasn't the only person fed up with dongyun's antics.

a sudden whoosh came from above. jihoon whipped his head around and stumbled back, the shiny tip of a sword barley grazing him. "more people trying to ruin such an important event?" the guard growled, charging forward.

"standing still isn't very smart," a voice floated out, the guard in front of jihoon wobbled and collapsed in a heap as someone threw a sword at him, landing it in the center of his chest. jisoo stood off on the side, looking at jihoon with worry, "please leave. soonyoung wouldn't be happy if you got hurt."

soonyoung?

jihoon paused, making sure he heard correctly. was soonyoung here? who was jisoo anyways? jihoon stumbled over bodies as he rushed to the stairs. standing at the top, that's where he saw more familiar faces.

chan was there. chan was fighting. and winning. suddenly the boy he had viewed his entire life as a little brother, a soft sweet child, seemed to have grown up. and now thinking about it, chan was probably taller than him too.

junhui was there too. the man looked more alive than jihoon had ever seen. eyes shining bright, jihoon could only assume that the man was finally able to work on the thing he felt most passion for.