Why?

Jin wakes up later than you the next morning, you are preparing a hangover soup taking instructions from your mother, he walks to you to see what you are up to, you are pretending as if nothing happened last night just like he wanted it to be, you make him sit at the kitchen counter to present your highly anticipated work of art, the soup,

"It's good" he gives a thumbs up to you after taking the first sip.

You aren't missing a chance to admire your moon as he holds a different meaning to you now, he is like your reflection, a part of you or the half of you, you suddenly find yourself in the same circle as him where he is your start and your end, you are the only witness of his immense devotion as he has no memory of it yet.

You hurry to wash the dishes while he is reads the newspaper in the hall, you later walk to him to ask why he didn't call you, not even once? how can he live in the world where you do not exist? you want to know if it was hard for him too to leave you behind and did he miss you even for once or maybe did a mere thought of you kept him awake?

"Why didn't you call me?" you grab the paper to put it aside "Didn't I cross your mind even once?"

"I was busy" he hesitates avoiding eye contact with you.

"Were you" you plod over until you sit on his lap with your knees settled to the sides of the couch with your face parallel to his "you are lying" you stare in his eyes, his expressive eyes that shouted loud that he missed you in every breath that he took.

The closeness is making him nervous but you want to confront him with the truth "I thought to give you a little space, I don't want you to forget how to live without me" his eyes tracing your skin as he finds himself sinking deep into you.

"Don't ever do that again, absolutely never, I don't want that space so call me if you say you would, pick me up if you say you would, meet me if you say you would, come to me if you say you would" you rest the side of your head on his shoulder "or I will end up waiting for you all my life" your voice shakes as you gasp.

"I will, I promise I will" your nose touching his cheek and your breath giving him shivers as he puts his arms around you "What should we do today? How about painting?" he asks as you are still sitting on top of him.

"Not now" you raise your chin when your lips give a slight touch on his jaw-line, this place is where you had your first kiss and you want the second when Jin calls you back from your fantasy.

"I was drunk yesterday" he says like a past memory passes his mind.

"Yes you were" you tell, getting off from him.

"Did I do something to you?" he questions "Or the flashback I had just now was just a dream" he holds your hand to stop you from running away from him.

"You did nothing" you look him in the eyes, determined to never disclose what he wanted hidden "Come, let us paint" you manage to release your hands from him to get the colours and a canvas.

Jin helps you arrange the canvas on the holder as you sit on the mat, you tell him not to look at your painting because you aren't sure how it will turn out, you haven't painted after you became Mrs Kim Seokjin.

"I will play the piano for your instead" Jin steps forward to take his place over a black wooden piano, a master version.

You can see his perfectly structured body, he is like an addiction that you worship the moment he plays, the music seems like out of this world, so peaceful, so tranquil, you can hear his hymns as he presses the keys, he can easily make you jealous of the piano that his fingers touch, you wish your body was an instrument with Jin's hands running over you, there is a moment you want to paint for him, a moment that crossed your mind.

You are trying hard enough to pursue your imagination on paper but you aren't successful, the more you try the more messy it becomes until you decide to give up, you amble to Jin and sit next to him.

"Teach me" you gaze at him, resting your fingers over his as they move, making the skin of your bare arms touch his, spreading the warmth all over your body.

He later pulls your fingers concurrently under his, lightly pressing the keys, the tone isn't the perfect like the way it was before but it is a unique melody with all the pauses between as he tries to play along with you.

"Is your painting complete?" he asks breaking the hallucination of the tune after a few minutes.

"I will paint something for you again, something that you would love" your eyes meeting his until a phone call compels Jin to look the other way.

He moves away while you cluelessly play around with the keys, waiting for him to return and complete the piece with you, it is one of the most favourite moments you have with Jin but you don't know this will be short lived.

Jin comes back to you, his face is pale, he tries to open his mouth to say something but then shuts is again like he is considering his words, he hugs you tight as if he is trying to collect all of your broken pieces while you don't know how but can feel a sudden pain filling your heart, a bad vibe shrieking loud.

"What is it?" you ask pulling him back "tell me, what is it?"

"Your mother" he breathes heavily "she is not among us anymore" he mumbles in hopes that you don't listen to those deadly words.

"No, no this can't be possible" you shake your head in a continuous no, stepping back "I met her yesterday, no you are lying" you blabber, your brain is about to explode, "she was completely fine and happy when I called her in the morning, I told her I will visit her soon" you leave yourself loose on the settee with your head low as tears rolls down.

"I am so sorry" Jin is on his knees, patting you.

"There are so many things I had to tell her, so many things I had to ask, she can't leave me, she can't do this to me" and suddenly you are shouting and crying your heart out while Jin stays beside holding you for the whole time "what will I do?" you hold his shirt as you cry bitterly on his shoulders.

Jin takes you to the cemetery house, you can't deny the fact that your mother seems peaceful like she is sleeping when you see her for the last of the last time, Jin is there throughout the funeral process, leading all the necessary receptions while you are in a black hanbok mourning the loss as you sit beside her photograph.

You don't notice grandmother coming in to pay her visit to your deceased mother "I was always very fond of her" grandmother whispers looking at her picture as she sits beside you "but I am thankful that she died in peace" she clutches your palm firmly leaving a letter behind "and remember, if someday you feel like you are searching for answers, make sure to look at the right place" she says before she leaves.

"Dear Hope,
My hope, hope to everyone around, I am so grateful to have you as my daughter, I would have taken my own life years ago if you weren't there beside me to show me the beauty of life through your smile, you gave me the reason and the purpose to keep going even after all the hardships.
I wanted to live more with you but I realised I won't be able to because of this tumor in my brain, I am sorry to force you in a marriage but my only dream was to see you with a man who loves you and is there for you so that you aren't lonely even when I am gone.
And whenever I saw Jin by your side, I was glad and satisfied that you have found your man, I can rest peacefully with no regrets now.
Just remember, don't search for answers that would lead you to nowhere, live a happy life with your man, Jin.
Your mother loves you very much!"

Why do people we love the most hurts us the most, not because they were bad but because they were so good!

[A/n]

Unedited

I so sad rn