A disappointment

"He is going to be my husband" you think looking at the ring as you lay on your bed, you can still see his heavenly face and the plum lips every time you close your eyes, he isn't real you believe but then you are reminded of the incidents that took place, you spread on the ground like a tomato ketchup as you fall, the book with such a weird title was obviously the last gift one would have given.

"Hope" your mother calls entering in after she comes from work, "How was it?" she peers, clutching her fingers hesitantly, this was an important encounter that defines your fate.

"It was alright" you hiss "but what was the book about?" you question moving your back up in the air as you sit on the floor now.

"Grandmother would have loved it, right?" your mother's face lights up "she wanted to read it, I heard her asking one of the guards to buy one but I thought I should buy before he does"

'Grandmother Kim is a rare kind' you think as you cannot bring yourself to confess who you have given the book to.

'How's master Jin?' your mother's eyes glitters as she stares at you for your possible answer, she is trying hard to read your expressions.

"He is a fine man" you reply making a straight face, giving out no hint of what you feel as you don't even know anything yet, except that he is an absolutely good looking man, who could make a perfect idol or probably a perfect model.

"Hope" your mother takes a pause, and you are sure she is about to explode another bomb of request on you after she couldn't make out what are your genuine feelings for Jin "grandmother Kim wants to have a private ceremony" she adds.

"Okay" you shrug, it doesn't matter to you about the kind of ceremony until you have your own wedding dress, like the one you have always wanted and dreamed.

"Tomorrow" your mother whiffs slowly, uncertain of how you would react.

"Tomorrow?" your eyes are about to pop out, you have thought you would get a minimum of six months to prepare for the ceremony but obviously why would your life settle for anything you imagine, your life is suddenly like a drama with several jaw-dropping movements.

"You know grandmother Kim is not well" she grieves, exhaling out the air in a sigh.

"I know, I know it very well" you mock after you are reminded of the act she had put up, it was an Oscar winning performance by her.

"Hope" your mother presses your shoulders, "I won't force you but think about it and answer me, okay? Will you?"

"What if I say tomorrow is too early?" You are darting gaze at her.

"Please, Hope" your mother frowns "Please"

"Ahh," you feel a terrible pain as you say the words "I will, tomorrow? I will" you reply without giving a second thought, you have always believed your mother, your mother, your mother then comes the world and you know you have to marry him someday, you have given your words that you would 'so why not tomorrow' you think and moreover he is handsome and rich, What more an eighteen year old would want in her life?

You don't know much about love, maturity, compatibility or any other term that makes a marriage work, you haven't been taught about it yet, all you know about is looks and luxuries and for you he is a prince charming on a white horse.

'I am getting married tomorrow' You remind yourself after you are left alone in your room, you don't remember when your conscious and your thoughts fades away one by one, falling you into a deep sleep.

***

It is the D-day, your mother tells you to get ready as you have to make it to the mansion on time, the place is a block away from your apartment, you wear a causal white shirt and a pair of faded blue jeans, you have no make-up on, you know there would be plenty of maids around you, doing your make-up as you sit in front of the dressing table in a beautifully white gown.