This is not fair

You are on the bed watching your favourite comedy show on Jin's laptop with your mother like you used to when you stayed in the apartment, you play the episodes back to back giggling together on the same old jokes until you and your mother are tired enough to even open your eyes, you are in a deep sleep by the time your mother switches the laptop off and keeps it at the table, she sleeps next to you after caressing you like a baby in your sleep.

***

Your feet are cold, you unconsciously hover your hands around like you are searching something, suddenly waking your mother up, she places the blanket over you before she goes back to sleep, you still seem to search something turning and rolling over, until you get your back straight in the air, you look around blearily only to find a dull room and your mother snoozing next to you.

You get off from the bed and somnambulate to the habit you are searching for beside you, down to the hall, next to Jin who is sleeping on the convertible couch, you climb up, grabbing the pillow Jin is hugging to throw it away, making space for you, it is big enough for you to adjust closest to Jin, in his arms.

"It is difficult to sleep without you" Jin whispers unconsciously, hugging you as half of your body aligns on him and the side of your face rests on his chest.

You and Jin are the patterns alike, matching each other's soul, you have managed to find your destination even in your sleep, habits are intriguing.

You can hear a voice waking you up, your conscious back to work again, with a twirl and turn you open your eyes, this isn't the place where you should be found, you realise, when you see Jin sitting next to you blabbering something until you pay your attention at his words.

"How did you come here? You were sleeping with your mother right?" he asks while your brain is still processing his questions.

"Ya right, I was sleeping with her" you remove the blanket and run to find your mother like a storm, barefoot yet again.

"Your slipper" Jin screams but you are quick enough to ignore almost flying to the room upstairs.

You find your mother setting the bed "Mother?" you hold her from her back, resting your face on her shoulders when Jin enters in like a thunder bolt.

"You are barefoot" he places your slippers he brought with himself on the floor "wear it first"

"And you?" you giggle, pointing at his feet.

"Me?" Jin's eyes trails at his feet, he realises he too is barefoot "Excuse me" he says rushing back to the hall.

"Your husband is cute" you mother adores Jin, "I have to check on the soup, come down after you freshen up" you mother adds moving downstairs to the kitchen.

You follow her to the kitchen, you are thinking she might be sad after you went to Jin at midnight, you are standing next to her in the kitchen as she tastes the soup when you apologise "I am sorry I don't remember when I came to the hall"

"Don't be" you mother peers at you, hurrying to put the spoon aside and hold your hands "I am happy because you have found your partner, the one who takes care of your more than himself, just don't ever stop trusting him" you mother pats your cheeks "now go and freshen up"

'Trust? Do I trust him?' You ask yourself as you trace the steps back to the bedroom.

You Find Jin looking out for his formals in his cupboard, he turns to face you "Do you have school today?" he shifts to your cupboard to get your school dress out from the hanger.

"Listen" curiosity is brimming in your eyes as you stand close by him, "how to tell if I trust someone?"

Your questions makes Jin gaze at you in a surprise, "Why do you ask?" he pauses as the hanger with your dress rests between his fingers.