Fallen angel

You ready to go meet Grandmother Kim after your school, wearing a navy blue-skirt and a white eyelet blouse, your hairs are left loose and they leave no moment to fly around like kites every now and then, your anxious mother hovers after you, giving you a heavy lesson on how to behave, specially not childish.

"Grandmother wants to meet you alone, so please behave-well, please" your mother makes an earnest request, her pleading eyes waits for an agreement.

"I've been there before, mom" you remind her, looking out for the perfect book to gift grandmother Kim.

"I know, but it's different this time" your mother adds handing you a newly brought book covered in a pink wrapping paper "give this book to her, she will love it" your mother is sure of grandmother's liking.

"Okay" you take the book from her hand and almost run out of the apartment as fast as you can, you don't need more advices.

You have been to the mansion before, it is like the kind that tells history, it gives you once upon a time type feeling at one time and like the future time travel at the other. The antiques and the aura of the place distracts you as always but it isn't pleasing much to you now because this time you aren't here just to read but to change, from being single to being a wife.

You are reminded of your mother's words as you walk along a big hallway with some of the maids who keep whimpering among themselves as they escort you to grandmother's room "Hope, Please, don't show your unwillingness to grandmother Kim, please'

"May I come in?" you knock before entering in, her room is same as your last visit, the usual setting except for the walls that is painted in a brighter colour and a couch is also a new addition. You see grandmother Kim on bed, resting her back on a pillow with a book in her hand.

"Sure, my child" grandmother Kim keeps the book at the side table, she is pleased to see you.

"Hello, grandmother Kim" You bow to her as a sign of respect, you are a nice and kind girl with a cute personality and this is what grandmother loves about you.

"Come here, come here" she calls you cheerfully to sit at the chair close to her bed "thankyou for accepting my proposal" she flashes her teeth as if she was advertising for a toothpaste brand.

You fake a smile in a reply, you can see grandmother Kim being so energetic like a twenty year old even though she is a good eighty-three as she walks around in the spacious room like she is searching something, from opening the drawers of a side table to shuffling the blanket on the bed.

'Who says she's ill' you think as your eyes traces her steps "Can I help you with something?" you question, after seeing the genuine effort of her search.

"No, no, I remember now..." she almost runs towards one of her cupboards and finally appears back to you with a box in her hand "Seokjin would be here, anytime"

'Seokjin? Why?' your head seems like it will explode, you clearly are not ready for his face reveal, not so soon. 'It was just grandmother Kim that I had to meet, now why him?' You think, you are dead nervous as you haven't prepared for a situation like this yet. You need time, confidence and a practice session in front of a mirror before you could officially introduce yourself to your to be husband.

You are lost in your thoughts when suddenly one of the maids grabs your attention "Master Seokjin is here" she announces, glancing at you in a mischievous smile, you know the maids too are curious to witness the historic event where a maid's daughter would be getting married to the owner's grandson, or if not witness then at least do some backbiting about it as it is a sizzling hot news.