5

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

It didn't help that I was listening to So Cold, (if you don't know this song by now, shame on you!) when I was typing this on Wattpad.

The video is from My Immortal-Evanescence because it somewhat inspired  this chapter.

Dedicated to @piasophie27 because she's like my number 1 fan on this story and is always urging me to update when I take to long. So here you go, babe. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello, Mrs. Horan."

"Oh. Hello, Harry, darling."

"I was just calling to see how you were doing, after... you know."

"Oh. I..um....Well...its okay. Its extremely hard, some days. I feel like I can't breathe. I don't wanna get out of bed, or eat, or breathe. But other days, I stop to think, 'My baby boy is dead. But he had an amazing life.' And I couldn't be more proud to call him my son."

"That's how you see it?"

"Some days are better than others."

"Oh."

"How are you doing, darling?"

Harry is quiet for a little while before he says, "I can't."

He gasps through his tears and whispers, "It seems like everyday...just gets harder and harder. The more I stop to think about, the fact that he's gone, the more I seem to feel like my soul has been crushed into a million pieces and burned."

"Oh. Harry. I know how sensitive you are and in love you are with Niall. And I'm going to tell you now, many people have come and gone in my life, but it does get easier. It may seem damn near impossible, but it gets easier, Sweetheart."

"How? How does it get easier?"

"I don't know, Sweetheart. But it does."

"When?"

"Keep the faith, darling."

"Thank you, Maura."

"You're welcome, Sweetie. Also I know that you loved Niall more than anyone. And he absolutely adored you. Loved you more than his own mother. But he's never really gone. He's always with you. In the memories you have with him. And in your heart. I love you, Sweetie. I have to go now."

Harry sniffles. "Okay. I love you too, Maura."

"Goodnight, Sweetie."

"Goodnight."

Harry hangs up the phone and curls up in the arm chair.

"How you feeling, Haz?" Zayn asks.

"Honestly, I feel a lot worse."

"Worse?"

"She uh...she said he loved me more than he loved her."

"She?"

"Maura."

The rest of the boys look at each other with shocked, solemn faces.

"Oh, Harry." Louis says going to touch his shoulder.

Harry abruptly stands up and says, "I have to apologize. I need to leave. I-I can't stay here. I need air!"

He grabs his keys and runs from the house.

"Harry!" Liam calls after him.

Harry runs from the complex, tears fogging up his vision. He runs and runs and runs until he can't breathe; and even then some. People watch him, as the tears stream down his face, and he flushes red from trying to breathe and the exertion of running. 

He stops when he runs into a seedy part of town. He leans against the side of an abandoned pub, gasping for air. Through the alley he can see a bridge over rushing water.

Closer to death; Closer to Niall.

He wipes his face and stumbles over to the bridge. He looks over the railing at the water. Watching how hard the current is.

Harry stands up on the railing, closes his eyes and says, "I'll see you seen, Niall."