Prologue

"I love you, Niall"

"I love you too, Harry"

The boys stood in their embrace until the woman working the PA system says, "last call for flight 39A to Ireland"

"Okay, Harry. I have to go"

"Alright. I'll miss you"

"Trust me. I'll miss you more." Niall says looking Harry in the eye. He kisses his cheek, picks up his carry on, and boards the plane.

"He looks so sad. Like he'll never see you again." Louis says.

"Yeah. I guess. But he'll be back next week." Harry answers.

They head out to their apartment complex. Harry sits in his empty apartment, the one he shares with Niall, staring at the ceiling.

He replays their goodbye scene over in his head. The look on Niall's face when he said, "I love you too, Harry", causes Harry's heart to flutter.

If only you knew how I really felt.

How much I really love you.

How much I am in love with you, Niall.

Harry thinks to himself.

I guess I'll just tell you when you come back.

Just then his phone rings. The guitar chords from "Little Things" playing. Niall.

"Hello?"

"Hey Haz-bear!"

"Hey Nially-boo! What's up?"

"Nothing much. Sitting on a plane."

"Sounds so fun"

"Yeah. I'm tired Harry"

"So go to sleep."

"No. Not that kind of tired. I'm tired of everything. The pressure of being 'famous.'"

"What do you mean?"

"I'm tired of always having to be a role model. I'm tired that I can't tell people who I really am. That I'm.... that I'm gay" he whispers.

"I'm tired of not being able to have privacy anymore or a casual day or a sleep in because we have schedules to keep and paparazzi to hide from."

"Niall-"

"I just can't do it anymore Harry." Niall says, tears running down his cheeks.

"I'm sorry Ni. But you don't have to go through this alone. You have the boys. You have me."

"I know. But sometimes I'm not strong enough to do this. I can't stand it Harry. I can't...I can't do this."

Harry doesn't know what to say. So all he says is, "I love you Nially-boo. I'll help you get through this."

"I love you so much Haz-bear. More than you'll ever know"

"I know Ni. Call me when you land, okay?"

"Okay Harry. Bye"

"Bye Niall"

They hang up the phone and Harry lays back against his pillows. He thinks over what Niall said to him.

Maybe I can talk to management about letting us have more breaks so Niall can have more time off to relax, Harry thinks.

                                             ******

Throughout the week that Niall is spending in Ireland, he and Harry go back and forth on the phone. They talk about any and everything. On Saturday morning, when Niall is scheduled to come back, he texts Harry.

ToHaz-bear❤: Hi! I'm scheduled for flight 57B from Ireland. Its supposed to land in an hour and half after 9 am.

FromHaz-bear❤: Alright. We'll be there to pick you up ☺

ToHaz-bear❤: Okay. I love you Haz-bear

FromHaz-bear❤: I love you more Nially-boo

Niall gets his mom to drop him off at the airport at 8:30.

"I love you Mum"

"I love you more. Have a safe flight"

"Thanks Mum"

Niall heads over to the waiting area for his plane. After a while, he heads to the bathroom, and gets in a stall, a voice over the intercom says "last call for flight 57B to London."

"Shit" He says rushing to finish, wash up, and get to his flight.

He is still a minute away when the doors lock and the plane takes off down the runway. He can see the plane from the window as something goes wrong. One of the wings catch fire and the back of the plane splits from the front. It crashes down into the field next to the runway.

Niall stares in shock at the scene that unfolds in front of him.

Oh my gosh!! All those poor people! That could've been me!

He continues staring until he comes to a conclusion.

I was supposed to be on that plane. Everybody knows that. They're all going to think I'm dead.

He cringes at the thought until he realizes, I'm dead. I don't have to suffer anymore. I'm free. I don't have to be Niall Horan anymore.

And for the first time that day, he smiles.

*******

I hope you enjoyed.

Chapters will be updated every Saturday starting next week.

Let me know what you think.

From my keyboard to your screen.

~AddictiveMargeaux17