10

"Well, Harry, its been 3 months. How are you doing?" Dr. Phillips asks

"I'm okay. I still wish he were here but you know. Its getting better." Harry answers looking at a wall

"I've heard you haven't tried anymore suicide attempts"

"That is correct"

"Well that's awesome. Glad to hear it."

Harry gives a small smile.

"Okay Harry. I wanna try something different. Instead of talking to me, you're going to talk to Niall."

"What?"

"You're going to talk to Niall"

"Um...how?"

"Well, obviously you can't really talk to him.  But I want you to pretend that he is sitting in this chair. I want you to say everything you feel for him and everything you have wanted to tell him. Okay?"

Dr. Phillips gets up from his chair and sits on the couch on the other side of the room. Harry stares at the empty chair.

"I'm sorry. I can't do this. I feel silly."

"Come on, Harry. Just try"

Harry sighs and turns back around to face the empty chair.

"Hello, Niall. I want you to know how much I miss you. And how much I love you. And not in just a friendly way either. In a way that makes me get butterflies every time I see you.  Saw you. I love you in a way that I probably shouldn't and a way that is frowned upon by most people in today's society. But I honestly don't care. I love you. As more than a friend. As more than my brother for the past years of being in a band. And I'm sorry I didn't say that to your face. I just want you to come back to me"

By the end of his little almost soliloquy, Harry is in tears. He puts his face in his hands, elbows on his knees. Dr. Phillips kneels beside him, handing him some tissues.

"That was good, Harry"

"What was the point in me doing that?" He sniffles

"Well, most doctors would call it 'isolating the problem'. In a way that's what it was. It was a way for you to finally release some of the heavy weight on your chest. You could finally tell 'Niall' how you feel."

"It doesn't matter. Its not the real Niall"

"But you feel better, don't you?"

Harry slowly nods his head.

"Exactly" Dr. Phillips smirks.

**********

"I was trying to get it how I live
I want them dead presidents
I want to pull up, head spent
Get it, get fly, I got six jobs I don't get tired
And I don't get tired
I don't get, I don't get tired"

Niall's alarm goes off from his new phone on his night stand. He groans and rolls towards the device. He picks it up and almost drops it with the blinding light of the screen.

"Shit" he groans.

He looks at the time and sees he only has about 10 minutes to get to work. Its not like he has a far way to go. He just prefers to lounge around in bed a little longer before he gets ready to go.

He gets up and dashes to the bathroom for a quick shower. Not even noticing his morning wood. Once he gets out, he towel dries, and throws on his work uniform; a pair of skinnies and a St. Ives Bakery T-shirt. While he's brushing his teeth he fixes his hair so it doesn't look so obvious that he just woke up. Once he's done he grabs his shoes and bolts out the door, barely remembering to grab his phone and lock the door.