Chapter 21: Visited

Start from the beginning

Dead, not my problem.

"Oh, look, you have to explain that to her coven," I smirk and open a portal to Dapphion.

"What the hell is your problem" I see Dorin waiting for me in my study, "Excuse me?" I frown as I take my seat, "Why would you do that to Aurora" a growl escapes my lips, "What I do to my mate is none of your business Dorin" I answer flatly.

"You hurt the person you are to spend the rest of your life with all because of something she had no control over, You marked her, then you locked her in a room all alone!" I stand up and face him with an angry expression on my face.

"You know damn well the reason I locked her in the room! We've been getting more rogue attacks and knowing Aurora she will never listen if you tell her to stay in!" I yell at him.

"I may be mad at her but I would never lock her up for an unknown reason! Neither would I hurt her!" Dark clouds were forming outside.

"Really? You marked her forcefully! She was in pain before you locked her up! Did you ask her if she was alright? No! You didn't even listen to her explanation!"

"Tell me, Dorin, if it were your mate, what would you do?" He stays quiet proving me right, "That's not the point! You didn't let her explain herself" he snarls at me “what's there to explain?” With that, he leaves my study and slams the door shut harshly.

 Flashback.

The door to my study is opened and Lilith walks in sighing in frustration, "What do you want this time Lilith?" She places her hands on my shoulder and rests her jaw on my head, "If you don't have anything to say, Get out!" I pointed to the door after I pushed her away.

"Look, I get that you have a mate and you want to stay loyal to her, but the question you should ask yourself is: is  she willing to stay loyal to you?" I finally give her my attention and I see she's holding a brown envelope.

"What? Look, I don't have time for your nonsense" she moves closer to me and drops the envelope in front of me and I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Your mate has been having an affair with your cousin Logan!" I scoff, "Like I'd believe you" She pushes the envelope closer to me, I open the envelope and I see pictures of Aurora and Logan, There's one she was laughing with Logan.

There’s one where she was kissing him, there's another one she was laying on his bare chest and she was in her underwear. I throw the pictures away and growl.

No, I refuse to believe she's having an affair with him. "They are fake!" I growl, "Have you ever wondered why she has Logan's scent on her? Or how Logan knows what she likes, and what she's allergic to?" She's right. Aurora is having an affair with Logan.

Lilith moves closer and kisses me. I push her off me and she hits the wall "stay the hell away from me!" With that, I roar Aurora's name.

Flashback over.

What's there to listen to? She betrayed me, she's having an affair with Logan, I marked her because I was scared she would leave me for Logan, I hear a giggle from my right I turn and see no one is there next I hear the giggle coming from my left.

"I don't know what games you are playing, but you chose the wrong day to mess with me," I say.

"Can't you take a joke demon" I turn and I see a messenger, she's wearing her brown cloak, "What do you want?" I eye her angrily.

Messengers are humans blessed with the power of slow aging and the ability to travel between realms without a portal, they are sent by the gods to deliver messages and I hate them with a burning passion.

She smirks, "I've come to deliver a message to you" I roll my eyes, "isn't that your life? Jumping from realms to realm giving the Lords messages?" I smirk at her anger, "says the demon that forcefully marked his mate" not this again. She sits down and stares at me.

"I don't need your counseling," I say dismissively, "oh trust me I know, but I'm forced to be here if I don't give you the message I'll get punished and you are not worth me getting punished," she says, "You'll lose your mate--" I stand up.

"What?" I yell and she rolls her eyes, "If you don't stop being a dick! That's what I was going to say before you interrupted me" she sighs and sits back and releases a breath of relief.

"What do you mean?" I frown, "Each minute you spend being a dick you're losing your mate," she says, "I think my actions are justified" I answer, and anger flashes in her eyes.

"You forcefully marked her!"

"Only because she's having an affair with my cousin!" I yell back.

"She had no idea you were her mate! She was just living her life like a normal teenager before you came along! Her parents never told her she's Asmodeus' mate! She never told her parents she had a boyfriend! You marked her because you were scared she would leave you, but with each passing da,y you're losing her to the one that is giving her comfort" I stagger a bit at what she said.

"What?" My voice comes out small and soft, "She's human, humans open their hearts to those that offer them comfort! Right now someone else is offering her comfort and you are going to lose her, mark or no mark the gods won't interfere with this." she disappears.

I don't want to lose her.

I should have listened to her explanation.

None of that matters because I'm going to get my mate back.

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

Now we've taken a journey into Xanthus' head.

So how was it? Was it good?

Don't forget to vote and comment😘

Edited by: parkjungkook_90