Thirty:- That's Rough Buddy

Start from the beginning

Soon enough, the two rode the bus together. Jadrianne didn't say where she lived so, Nathan just followed her until she reacts for them to stop. Jadrianne sat by the window while Nathan sat near the runway. After what he said, the two didn't exchange any more words. Jadrianne kept quiet throughout the bus ride. Before, he would've thanked God for finally having her mouth shut, but her silence now only made him fidget.

He looked at her from the corner of his eye. She was staring out the window, watching the buildings and trees go by as they pass through the town. Nathan started to wonder where she lived since she's new to town. Did she really travel this long to school? Does she have a family with her? What house does she live in? All kinds of questions ran through his mind.

Suddenly, he laughed. The sound surprised Jadrianne and she turned to see him covering his face as he did. "Oh my God, I'm going crazy," he lilted. The fact that he was laughing after insisting that he follows her home actually irritated her. How could he laugh now? Did he think this was funny? He shouldn't have skipped school just for me. She thought as she leaned closer to the window when she scooted away from him. After his laughter died down, he glanced and noticed an amusing sight.

"Huh, you're sulking?" He hummed, curiously. He leaned forward with his head tilted to look her closer. Instead, she squished herself against the wall away from him, but she winced since she leaned against her bruised arm. "Oi." He pulled her chin to face him. "Since when you know how to sulk?" He grinned.

For the first time, he found it endearing that her cheeks are puffed up with her eyebrows pushed together glaring at him. "Heh, you look like a bunny." He smirked. She huffed and pulled her face away. "Didn't know you could be mean like that," she mumbled. Nathan wanted to burst at that moment; not in anger, though. He didn't know this . . . adorable side of her. For Jadrianne, she didn't know that coy side of him either. However, she didn't hate it either.

Without them realizing, their tense and quiet atmosphere became light. Now their shoulders were touching. After a while, Jadrianne got up and pressed the button indicating the bus to make a stop soon. The two got off at the bus stop and watched as the bus drove off.

Nathan followed her as he kept his pace with hers. Before he knew it, they were both standing before a tall building. Nathan stared up and gaped at the sight. That's crazy tall. Are those glasses or mirrors? He wondered. "What are you standing there for? Waiting for flies to crash land in your mouth?" Jadrianne's voice snapped him out of it.

He looked at her. "What?"

Jadrianne gestured for him to come. "We gotta get in if you wanna take care of me." She smirked. The original roles are back once Nathan got annoyed at that. "Zip it, rug-face." He stomped after her.

After the elevator ride, Nathan could not be anymore speechless. The moment they reached her level and she pushed her apartment door open, Nathan wanted to slam his head against the wall. Jadrianne turned around. "Please don't go banging your head when you enter people's houses," she requested.

He rolled his eyes and stepped further inside. It wasn't what he expected. Wait. Why am I even expecting? He thought. "Your place looks like you're making space to kill someone," he commented.

The place was spacious enough for a family of five at least. Despite that, it had a minimalistic interior. He looked to the shoe rack and noticed there weren't many shoes except for a few sneakers. The kitchen could be seen from the living room as well despite the tall wooden dividers that had gaps which were attached to the ceiling. There were other doors to other rooms as well, but they were all closed; preventing him from seeing inside.

A question popped into his head. "By the way, shouldn't you contact your parents or something? I mean, you gotta tell them you were at the hospital and not going to school, at least." Jadrianne stopped in her tracks and Nathan waited for her response. Instead, Jadrianne ignored his question and made her way to the kitchen.