Chapter 22

QOTD: what's your gas station order?

Declan threw another chip in his mouth and looked over when I kneeled down to put my shoes on

Declan threw another chip in his mouth and looked over when I kneeled down to put my shoes on. "Where are you going?"

"Caesar's."

"Again?"

"Yeah." I slipped my other shoe on and peered at him over my shoulder. "I'm spending the night so you don't have to leave the door unlocked."

"You've been going over there a lot."

"Uh huh." I stood back up and grabbed my backpack. "Bye~"

"No, no, no. Wait-" He stood up after throwing his bag of chips on the coffee table, "I'll drive you. You shouldn't be walking around at night."

"It's not even dark?"

"Don't care." He grabbed his keys off the table and pushed me out the front door. "Did Morgan not offer to pick you up? Some fucking boyfriend."

I rolled my eyes and climbed into the car. "Caesar did."

"And why didn't you say yes?"

"Because I can walk to their place and be there in fifteen minutes." I stole a glance at him while he stared at the road dully. "And stop trying to scare Morgan, he thinks you're seriously going to kill him."

"Why? It's funny. And I still might, I haven't decided yet."

"No," I complained, "when he avoids you, he avoids me."

"You two shouldn't be making out at school anyways." He reached out and flicked my forehead, making my whine. "You need to be studying at school, not fooling around with your supposed boyfriend."

"He is my boyfriend."

He grunted, showing his dislike. "I'm just saying, if you're only having sex-"

"Please stop."

"-I get it, y'know? I was your age once. Single,
horny, we've all been there-"

"Please."

"-You wanna have sex? Go for it, but Morgan is not the best choice for that. Y'know he's a pervert, right?" He glanced over at me and nodded deeply. "Like- real pervert shit. The shit he's told me blew my mind."

Don't ask, don't ask, don't ask. "...What has he told you?"

"I'm not telling you, you'll get ideas." He waved off and pulled into their apartment complex's parking lot. "And how can you keep coming over here knowing Caesar's here? I'm not a snitch but you're being a little too bold." What-

I whipped my head around to look at him just as I was getting out of the car. "..Are you serious?"

"What? I'm not judging you, I'm sure Morgan made you."