Chapter 20

this story has 27k reads already, thank u thank u 😼

QOTD: is there anything you want to know about the characters? i'll respond to anything in the comments 👁👁

I offered Morgan another fry and he easily accepted it, munching happily as I added some finishing details on his stomach

I offered Morgan another fry and he easily accepted it, munching happily as I added some finishing details on his stomach. "I'm almost done and then I just have to take some pictures."

He stared down at his torso, probably unable to make it out from the angle. "What is it?"

"It's the inside of a clock tower."

"Really?" He tried tipping his head up to see but I pushed it back down.

"Don't move. You can see it in a little." He relaxed back into the pillow and sulked. "It's supposed to be a broken clock tower so it's crumbling and it looks like your skin is peeling off to show the gears inside."

"Oh, sick." I made a soft noise and leaned over to make the shadows more hazy. "Do you body paint a lot?"

"On myself, yeah. I don't really have a chance to do it on other people though. It usually takes a while and I'm too broke to pay someone."

"You can use me anytime~"

My ears shot up. "Really?!"

"Sure, if you sit on my lap and feed me every time."

I'm sure he was teasing but I still nodded quickly, making my ears flop back and forth. "I'll even put on a movie next time."

His lips twitched up. "Deal." 

When I was finally done, I set my brush down and leaned back to stare at it, running my eyes over every little detail. I was worried the paint might crack since it wasn't specifically meant for skin but it was holding up nicely. It helped that he didn't move around too much.

I grabbed my phone and took a few pictures just to show him and keep for memories. "Oh shit," he blinked at my phone after I held it out, "that's really good." He looked back and forth from my phone and his chest. "How'd you do that?"

My tail started to wag. "It's good?"

He nodded, still staring at my phone. "It's kind of disturbing but in a good way? Like, I can't look away."

I set my phone back down and grabbed the camera I borrowed from Declan. "I'm gonna turn these photos in. I won't get your face so don't worry about that." He nodded, though he didn't seem to care if I did or not.

Holding the camera up to my eye, I quickly realized I didn't know how to even work it. "Um," I smiled sheepishly after lowering it, "do you know how to use this?"