Chapter Fifteen: The Choice

Y/N's POV

I follow Connor's taxi until it stops, parking my car. Before I go, I take the locket I was going to give Alice that long time ago from the compartment of my car. Ever since I learned that Connor saw it on my desk, I figured that I should put it somewhere safe. After all, Gavin could have decided to steal it at any time.

I put the locket in my pocket. "For good luck," I whisper. 

I get out of my car and begin to follow Connor on foot, not having time to marvel at how cute his new outfit looks.

It's hard to follow him sometimes, especially with my injured shoulder, but I manage to continue to follow him from a distance.

When we reach Jericho, I follow him into the main room, where I can see androids gathered everywhere.

I'm sure to keep a low profile as I follow him through the groups of androids.

But I stop when I see Alice. 

Or who I think is Alice.

But she's got an LED on the side on her head. 

I step back a few steps, turning to find another android that looks like Alice.

Or is that Alice?

She's sitting alone right now so I take the opportunity to get closer. She looks exactly like she did all that time ago. No wonder... She's an android. She has been all this time. 

But that doesn't matter to me. 

I walk up to her slowly. "Alice?" I question.

She looks up. "Y/N? Is that really you?"

I kneel in front of her, smiling. "Yes. It's me."

"What are you doing here?" she asks.

"I could ask you the same thing."

"Kara saved me. She got me away from my dad."

I take her small hands in mine. "I'm so glad."

"Why didn't you ever come back? Why did you leave?"

I see two androids looking at the Alice lookalike android I found earlier. I bet they're with Alice. I bet the one with the short hair is Kara.

I don't have much time.

"Oh, Alice," I soothe. "I didn't want to leave. I was just... I was just scared. But I never forgot about you." I take out the locket from my pocket, holding it out to her. "See?"

She takes the locket, her eyes wide. "For me?"

I nod. "For you, Alice. I've been saving it all this time."

"Thank you." She gives me a hug.

I pull away after a little while. "Alice, I have to go. Just know that everything is going to be okay. I'm going to help you guys. To help androids. Do you trust me?"

Alice nods. 

"Alright. Good. Don't tell anyone you saw me. Please."

"I won't."

I give Alice one last hug. "Stay safe. I'm going to miss you so much again."

"I'm going to miss you too."

I pull away again, giving Alice a kiss on the head before sneaking away just as the larger android walks back over to Alice, Kara close behind.

I dry the tears from my eyes before trying to locate Connor again. "Shoot," I mutter.