New Prey

Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Uneasy about their upcoming job tonight against the Skulls, Charlie moves through the halls of Stem to her locker with a forced smile on her face. They're taking a huge risk tonight. The little gangs know not to fuck with them, but it's time to show the big guys that they aren't kidding around.

The idea of pissing off Alex Moretti sends a shiver down her spine. This time, Charlie's chosen just her boys to help. She doesn't want Tennessee or Momo there. The girls aren't needed and they don't need just bodies, they need set skills tonight for this heist.

When she gets to her locker she grabs her English book for her first period. Movement next to her catches her eye when a boy next to her opens a locker that had been unoccupied for the last six weeks of school.

A boy with dark chocolate brown hair that hangs over his cutely pointy elf-like ears. He stands next to her making her realize that he's the same height as her. She's always been drawn to fresh meat. It's how she got tangled up with Asher from the get-go.

Biting her lip, she closes her locker door, and leans against it. "Hi there."

"Hey," the kid mutters, not paying attention. His hazel green eyes flick to her and shift away for a moment, before they snap back to her. "Hey!" He quickly clears his throat, "Hey."

Charlie holds back the snort from his obvious nervousness. Holding her hand out to him, Charlie flashes him a flirtatious grin, "Charlie Montgomery."

A smile spreads across his face, and takes her hand. "Stephen Wheeler."

"So tell me, Wheels, who's holding you hostage for your first period of the day?" Her eyes flick down to his new schedule he's got clutched in his free hand.

"English."

A playful grin spreads across her face. "Huh, wouldn't you know it, I do too. Why don't I show you where it's at?"

"Montgomery!" Ryker's voice calls out, drawing her attention away from her new toy.

Striding up to her, Ryker brushes a few loose strands of hair out of his face. When he gets to her, he dips her head down to her neck. Looking like he's nuzzling her, he whispers. "I left the van down by the docks." His hand slips into her back pocket and gives her ass a little squeeze as he drops the van keys into the pocket.

When he pulls back he notices Stephen for the first time, giving him a once over. "Who the fuck are you?"

Charlie scowls and slaps his gut, as Stephen grows nervous next to her. "Be nice, ass. This is Stephen Wheeler. Wheels, this is my bestie." She leans over and rests her head against Ryker's chest, earning an eye roll from him. "Ryker Reed."

"Right, anyway, I'll catch ya later." Ryker nods. He knows there's no point in getting to know one of her toys. Once she one and dones him, the kid will be out of the picture.