Crocodile Tears

Chapter 12

Chapter 12

As his phone chimes for the umpteenth time Asher reluctantly cracks his eyes open to find the confounded thing. Pushing two different girls arms off him, he grudgingly rises to find his damn pants since his phone is in them. As he crawls over another girl he reaches over a fourth to grab them. Jerking them on, Asher pulls his phone out and squints at it and the video that Ryker sent that makes no fucking sense.

Charlie is sitting at a jade green island over a pan full of brownies as big fat tears roll down her cheeks. She looks up at Ryker, and mutters something that can't be understood to him, before just completely breaking down. The camera flips around, to a very unamused Ryker. "Get her. Fix this."

Hitting the call button next to his name on the text, Asher lets it ring.

Ryker quickly answers the line. "Are you here?!" He desperately asks as Charlie's wails can be heard in the background. "God, please tell me you're here."

"What the hell is going on?" Asher pinches the bridge of his nose. "Why are you forcing her to eat brownies, she's not Grimm?"

"I didn't! I came down here to find her face stuffed in them," Ryker's gets muffled slightly as he pulls the phone away. "Stop eating the brownies. It's eight fucking a.m."

"I'll kill you!"

"Dude, you have to come get her. She's gone mental."

"You're tripping, she hates chocolate." Asher blinks a few times, still tripping himself from the night before.

"You want another fucking video!" Ryker huffs. "You coming or not? Cause seriously, I'm about to call Saint-James."

"I'll come." A girl softly moans beside him but not loud enough for Ryker to hear. "Just as soon as I find out where I am."

"I'm giving you an hour, and I'm calling in the big guns," Ryker grumbles, before the line cuts off.

Just under an hour later Asher rolls up in a car he 'borrowed' and knocks on Ryker's door.

Ryker comes to the door, and jerks it open to find a bloodshot eyed Asher. His hair is ruffled like he just rolled out of bed, and he's wearing the same clothes he was in the night before.

Ryker sighs as he steps to the side to let him in. "The demon has perched itself on my bed, after being up all night crying, and is ready to kill the first thing that walks through that door. So please," he gestures to the stairs, "be my guest."

"Chicken shit." Asher flashes him a dark smirk as he strides up the stairs and opens the door, as he does a football hurled at him. Dodging, Asher glares at it as it flies into the wall behind him.

"I want my brownies back," Charlie growls, jumping to her feet, and walking to the edge of the bed. "Make him give them back."

Frowning, Asher closes the door behind him and strides to her and places his hand to her forehead. "Are you sick? Pregnant? Possessed by Grimm?"