Chapter 13

Adrien's POV:

"Okay," I took a deep breath as I sat down at my desk, Plagg flying around me like a bee.

"So, what are you going to say?"

"I...I think I'll just...say what my mind tells me to."

"Bleh. Why are boys always so pathetically poetic?" I chuckled at his statement.

"If only I knew, Plagg."

Looking down at the blank page in front of me, I picked up my pen and began to write.

"Do you think it's too harsh, Plagg?" I asked as I removed my pen from the page. He just shrugged, obviously indifferent. Groaning, I put my head in my hands.

"Okay, I'm just going to give it to her. I've waited long enough." Folding the note and stuffing it in my bag, I slung it over my shoulder, and exited the room, where Natalie was about to knock to inform me that it was time to go to school. Perfect timing.

Leya's POV:

Walking into the school gates, I smiled to myself as several people from different sides of the courtyard waved at me. This place had really become home for me. I had definitely made a lot of great memories. Juleka's birthday party was a success, she really liked the poem I gave her, though I'm sure it was nothing compared to what others had. I don't really consider myself to be in a particular 'friend group', I'm sort of a social butterfly. While I hang out with some groups (a.k.a the Flowers) - you know, Mari, Alya and the girls - I feel like I have a somewhat meaningful connection to all of my friends. And Chloe's like the older sister who always gets what she wants! She had backed off since the first day when she threatened me, but she was frequently sending me death stares and chilling glares. That girl seriously needs to get over herself.

I joined Marinette and her friends, as was the custom before the bell rang.

"Hey, Leya," Marinette desperately looked at me, "Has Adrien responded to that letter?" I shrugged, making a mental note to ask him about it later,

"Maybe he's still thinking about it. You did remember to sign it, right?"

Suddenly, Marinette's face went blank.

"Ummm," She muttered, trailing off.

"Marinette!" Alya and I shouted in dismay. Mylene and Rose facepalmed, while Juleka exclaimed,

"Really?"

"I've got a bad memory!" Marinette said as I just shook my head.

"Well, let's hope you did, or else there was absolutely no point in doing all of this!" Alya sighed while Marinette blushed sheepishly. Glancing over Mari's shoulder, I spotted Adrien entering.

"Hey, there he is," I silently pointed him out to the others. "I'm going to go ask him about the letter. It's been long enough." Waving at Adrien to avert his attention, I made my way towards him.

"Hey, Adrien!" I waved as he caught sight of me.

"Oh, hey, Leya," Adrien replied, his eyes darting around. "I, um, I've got something to give to you." I grinned at him as he handed me an envelope.

"Thanks, Adrien," I exclaimed excitedly, and before he could reply, I had already turned around, rushing back to the girls who were waiting in anticipation.

Adrien's POV:

I gulped as I watched Leya hurry back to her friends. Mari was looking weirdly unsettled. Hoping the news wouldn't hit her to hard, I shook my head and walked over to Nino, who was leaning against the wall on the opposite side, on his phone.

"Hey, Nino."

"Hey, Adrien. Did you tell her? Is she okay about it?" He started firing questions at me as soon as he saw the slight worry on my face.

"Well, we're about to find out." I shrugged sadly, glancing in her direction again, where she was standing with her friends. However, the envelope was not in her hands. It was in...Marinette's?

"Oh no..." I mumbled, as I watched her eyes scan across the paper, and her face fall.

"It wasn't Leya."