Chapter 1

Leya's POV:

"Dearie, time to wake up!" Aunt Patricia shook me gently. Groaning, I rolled over and kept my eyes pressed shut.

"Five more minutes," I murmured; I am not a morning person. I suddenly felt cold air slam into me like a bowling ball. Curling up into a ball, I tried to snatch back the blanket that had been yanked away from me so unfairly.

"Noooo," I whined sleepily." Aunt Patricia began to back away, giving me a knowing smile. I jumped to my feet and calmly asked her if she would give it back. When she denied me, I immediately leapt forward, making her squeal, and seized it out of her grip.

"Ugh, now I'm not tired anymore." I joked and chucked the blanket back at her. My aunt just laughed and told me breakfast was ready and waiting. I glanced at the clock I had put up last night – 7:30 already? Okay, that gives me 30 minutes. Taking a 5 minute shower, then combing my hair and tying into pigtails, I started hunting through my closet for something to wear. I pulled out a random outfit and threw it on, before grabbing my glasses off my bedside table – no time to wear contacts. I was determined not to be late for my first day.

With 10 minutes left, I rushed downstairs in a hurricane of messiness, practically inhaling my now warm breakfast, then waved goodbye to my aunt and uncle, and hurried out the door.

I ran the 10 blocks to my school and heard the bell ring just before I entered the front door. Hoards of pupils were all drifting into their classrooms. My heart still pounding, I pulled out my timetable. 'Homeroom, class B4'. Okay then. Going over to the classes, I counted up the corresponding class doors, until I got to one labelled B4. Looking inside, I saw a women with bright red hair in a tight bun and formal white and teal clothes, addressing a load of students.

"We do have a new student joining us today, and I'm sure she'll be here soon." She glanced towards the door. "Ah, here she is now! Come in, sweetie." Gulping, I put a shaking foot into the classroom.

Marinette's POV:

"Okay, so you go up to Adrien, ask him to talk, and just straight up tell him," Alya pushed me forward as we spotted him in the courtyard, talking to Nino.

I mustered all my courage, and said determinedly,

"Okay, I'm doing it." I started striding toward them, my mask slowly fading.

"I can't do it, I can't, I just can't." I babbled, rushing back to a very unimpressed Alya.

"Mari, come on! You've liked Adrien for so long, now! And Nino and I are already dating, it would be perfect! Just do it! Or mark my words, I will." She threatened. Before I could respond, the bell rang. Yesss.

"Don't think you're off the hook, missy. You're doing it as soon as we get out of class."

"UGH." I groaned as I went with her to class.

"Have you heard, there's a new student in our class." Rose ran up to us and gushed excitedly just before on our way to homeroom.

"Really? Boy or girl?" Alya fired questions at her.

"I think she's a girl. No one's seen her yet."

"Well, we'll make sure to be the first ones to welcome her." Alya commented as we entered the class and went to our assigned seats.

"We'd better keep Chloé away from her," I whispered as we sat down.

"You're right, she can not be the school's first impression." Alya agreed with me.

Miss Bustier suddenly walked in, quieting the chatter.

"Good morning, students! Welcome back to school for another day. Yes, Alix," She asked Alix, who had her hand up.

"Is there a new student coming in today?" She asked. A chorus of 'yeah' s sounded around the room. When everyone was quiet again, my teacher continued,

"We do have a new student joining today, and I'm sure she'll be here soon." She then looked to the right, towards the door, and exclaimed,

"Ah, here she is now! Come in, sweetie." She gestured that she was welcome. I then saw a foot enter the door, then the body attached to it. It indeed was a girl. A bit taller than me, with light brown skin and caramel eyes. She wore a pair of glasses, not different to Alya's, and a blue t-shirt and leggings, her feet in some white sneakers. However, the most striking thing about her was her hair.

I was still staring in awe at it, as she looked towards Miss Bustier, who gave her a reassuring nod. Alya and I flashed her a bright smile, to show that she didn't have to be scared.

"Umm...hello. I'm, I'm Leya. Leya Parkin. I moved from England to Paris a few days ago and live with my aunt a few blocks away. I-I'm really excited to get to know all of you." She grinned sheepishly.

"Thank you, Leya." Miss Bustier said. "If you could go sit next to Ivan, on the penultimate tier, we can get the lesson started." She cheerily informed her. As she moved to start walking up the stairs, she paused mid-step and looked down. My gaze trailed down to a foot. A frickin foot, stuck out on the staircase. And guess who that foot belonged to? My eyes darting back to Leya, I saw her casually step over it, as if nothing had happened. Shit.