Chapter 2

Leya's POV:

Tears pricked my eyes as I tried to hang on to a slither of hope. Maybe not everyone was mean like that girl. I mean, the girls sitting in front of me looked nice. Maybe all hope wasn't lost for the school.

I sat, lost in my thoughts for the rest of the period, and when the bell rang for break, I grabbed my rucksack and immediately walked out. Sitting on a secluded bench under the stairs, I took out my notebook and started writing. I poured out all my feelings, all my hopes, all my inner thoughts, as my pen scratched on the page.

"Hey," I looked up, startled, and saw a boy standing in front of me. He had golden blonde hair, and strikingly green eyes. His smile kind of...warmed me up.

"I'm sorry about Chloé, she can be very bitchy." He apologised, sticking out his hand. "I'm Adrien." I shook his hand politely, and replied,

"I'm Leya."

"Leya," He repeated, "I like that name." Beaming, I thanked him. Everyone wasn't so bad, then.

"Look! Adrien found her!" An excited voice called from behind him. Suddenly at least 5 people came rushing towards me , Adrien pushed behind them. They crowded me, introducing themselves, and asking me lots of questions. I tried to keep my calm, as beads of sweat dripped down my forehead.

"I umm...I'm not really a fan of tight spaces..." I trailed off. They all stood still, and then immediately backed away a few steps, profusely apologising for making me feel uncomfortable.

Long story short, I ended up making lots of new friends!

Alya's POV:

" Leya's really cool, don't you think, Mari?" Her eyes were glued to her phone as I carried our croissants on a plate up to her room.

"What? Oh, yeah. She's nice." She murmured, still clearly distracted.

"Girl, what are you looking at?" I asked, and snatched the phone out of her grip and glanced at the screen, then burst out laughing.

"Alya!" Marinette's face turned into a furnace. On her phone was a picture of her and Adrien, side by side, with a heart around them.

"Mari, I'm sorry," I said, giggles still leaving my mouth, "You've got to ask him out!" I pushed her through the door at the top of the staircase.

"I know, I know, okay? I'm just too shy." She murmured, looking down, embarrassed.

"It's okay," I put a comforting hand on her shoulder, "He'll notice you eventually. You're too much of an amazing person for him not to." Then, I cheekily raised an eyebrow as I plopped on her bed. "And, in the meantime, you can fangirl over how cute Nino and I are. We went to the movies yesterday," I held up my phone and showed her the pictures, and all thoughts of that blind boy Adrien left her mind as she squealed and hyperventilated at our cuteness.

Leya's POV:

Walking out of last period, at least 7 people waved goodbye to me, as I descended the staircase and headed for the door. Without warning, I felt a hand seize my wrist and pull me into the spot underneath the stairs. I was slammed against the wall as a harsh voice said,

"Lay off Adrien, he's mine." Bewildered, all I could see in the semi-darkness was blonde hair and a yellow shirt. It reminded me of the girl that tried to trip me this morning.

"Well, first of all," I began, "I'm flattered you think I'm competition," To her scoff, I continued, "Second of all, I'm pretty sure you don't own him; no one does. Third of all, no one treats me like a bitch when I haven't earned it, so back off." I snapped, pushing her away and rushing out of the courtyard, onto the sidewalk.

As my breathing slowed back to normal, I clutched my rucksack strap tighter in my hand. My eyes were focused on the floor. Sure, I'd always tried to maintain a positive attitude when being bullied, but, I've never actually stood up to one before. It felt...invigorating. Like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Suddenly, I felt a solid chest slam against me, causing me to fall to the floor. Not more embarrassment.

Looking up, I saw a boy with black to turquoise hair ombre, wearing a white t-shirt and a hoodie. He had concern written all over his face.

"Oh, god, I am so sorry." He gushed, offering me a hand to help me up.

"No, no it was my fault," I replied, dusting myself off. "I ran into you." Looking up to his face, I almost felt hypnotised by his piercing blue eyes. Giving him an awkward smile, I picked up my rucksack, which was still on the floor, and walked away, desperate to escape the embarrassing situation.

As soon as I opened the door to Aunt Pat's flat, I felt a vibrating in my pocket. I pulled out my phone and saw a message from Alya. As I put my stuff down on the kitchen counter, I answered, and we had a short conversation:

 As I put my stuff down on the kitchen counter, I answered, and we had a short conversation:

Laughing, I gave her my address and found my Aunt in her bedroom. I told her a friend was coming over and she sounded super excited that I had already made so many friends. Then, I sat on the couch in the living room and waited for Alya's arrival.