10£

Chap 10

Just like that two weeks had passed that Fikayo had spent in AGS. Everyone disliked her and hated her.

Fikayo didn't spare anyone who came her way or annoyed her. The only person she could fall speechless around was Hakeem.

The guy just knew how to shut her up. Fikayo remembered one time when she was berating him and he pushed a bottle of water to her mouth and told her to calm down and regain the wasted spit.

Fikayo had been flabbergasted and at the end she couldn't say anything. Somehow she was getting used to the school. She still could pour cold water on her body without yelling.

She exhausted the snacks she brought the first week and Hakeem almost dragged her to the dining the second week. She had almost puked at the sight of the poorly mixed eba and small soup.

Her academics were still at zero level. She slept during classes. All her notes were still new and empty.

The bell for evening food was rang and Fikayo was internally grateful it was Wednesday. At least the jollof rice was manageable.

Fikayo stepped out of hostel and saw Hakeem waiting for her at a distance. She snickered as she hurried towards him.

"Didn't I tell you to come out before the bell was rung?" Hakeem asked.

"I didn't hear you say that" Fikayo replied as Hakeem pursed his lips at her and sighed.

He had never seen someone as Fikayo. She was..... he couldn't find words to describe her attitude in the many English words in the dictionary.

She was plain stupid, annoying, mannerless, way too arrogant, she had no respect for anyone. She treated everyone around her like dirt or something irritating.

He didn't know where he found the patience to deal with her. She gave him headaches just by talking. She had anger issues and talked rudely. He had always managed to shut her up around him.

Hakeem couldn't fathom what had gone wrong with her.  No matter how irresponsible a parent was, they couldn't have watched their child grow up like this right?

"Its visiting day this Saturday, are your parents coming?" Hakeem asked as he tried to adjust a crooked button on his shirt.

"You want to report me to them?" Fikayo asked.

"It was just a simple question, what are you getting all worked up for" Hakeem asked with a frown.

"You give me constant headaches" Hakeem added as he glared at Fikayo.

"Are your parents coming?" Fikayo asked.

"Just my mom, I don't have a dad" Hakeem replied as Fikayo's eyes widened and she pursed her lips.

"Ha, I didn't know about that. I'm sorry for asking" Fikayo said pursing her lips.

"Really?" Hakeem asked looking at her with an amused expression.

Fikayo frowned and hissed "Seems like you don't need it. Walk fast, I'm really hungry" Fikayo said as she held her spoon tightly.

If someone had told her a month ago that she would be close to running to the dining a month later in a public school, the person would surely receive a slap and a good beating.

But here she was actually close to running. Fikayo let out a helpless chuckle and Hakeem glanced at her. It was the first different expression he was seeing on her face.

She was always wearing a frown. She sometimes wore sombre expression and surprised expression. She never wore anything except from that.

They both walked into the dinning hall and sat down. Hakeem and Fikayo were on the same table.

Fikayo pulled her plate of food towards her and sighed. She mentally told herself to drink a lot of water when she got to the hostel. The small amount of rice wasn't going to satisfy her.

Hakeem glanced at Fikayo and pursed his lips before pouring his food into Fikayo's plate. The latter looked at him in surprise.

"Ya!" Fikayo said as Hakeem glared at her.

"Didn't you say you were hungry earlier?" Hakeem asked as Tiolu frowned.

"That doesn't mean you should pour your food for her. Can't you give me?" Tiolu asked.

"I've told you plenty times that you don't have sense" Fikayo sneered at Tiolu who eyed her angrily.

"Get out jare" Tiolu said and Fikayo raised her hand as if she wanted to smack Tiolu.

"Tiolu quickly raised his hands up as shield against Fikayo as he shrunk back lightly.

"Coward" Fikayo said as she retracted her hand and started eating. She threw the thumb sized fish into her mouth as she gobbled down the food.

Hakeem was slightly surprised to hear that Maryorkun sent for him. He greeted the senior cordially.

"How are you holding up?" Maryorkun asked as Hakeem looked at him confused.

"Helping Fikayo adjust" Maryorkun said as Hakeem looked at him in surprise.

"Snr Maryorkun, how did you know?" Hakeem asked in surprise.

"I recommended you to Principal Ola" Maryorkun said with a small smile.

Hakeem looked at him surprise before nodding.

"I didn't know and I'm holding up just fine" Hakeem replied but his eyes remained on Maryorkun and Maryorkun laughed slightly.

"You'll do just fine"Maryorkun said as he leaned on the pillar beside him.

"Fikayo will annoy the devil out of you" Maryorkun said with a small smile.

Hakeem chuckled lightly "I think she has" he said and Maryorkun shook his head.

"She hasn't even started" Maryorkun said.

"At a point, she might be impossible, at another point you'll feel like getting on top of her and strangling her to death, at another point, she'll frustrate you to death, some other point you'll just want to give up on her" Maryorkun said and Hakeem looked at Maryorkun surprised.

"I'll like to ask a personal favour" Maryorkun said as Hakeem nodded.

"Please go on" Hakeem said.

"Be patient with her. Please" Maryorkun said.

"That frowning face of hers, isn't easy to see the real face underneath. But when you see it, I can assure you that you'll be flabbergasted" Maryorkun said as Hakeem looked at him in more surprise.

"And don't just help Fikayo adjust, she also needs to find herself. Although she isn't willing to" Maryorkun said.