Chap 5

Fikayo walked down the stairs her brows twitching as she saw her dad seated on the couch with a stern expression.

"Dad, you sent for me" Fikayo said as she sat down nonchantly but her heart was thumping against her chest. Her dad never looked at her that way.

"Fikayomi" Her dad started and Fikayo knew something was up.

"Sir" Fikayo replied.

"What happened at school today?" Her dad asked as Fikayo paled.

"Nothing" Fikayo replied.

"You left school half way bah?" Her dad asked again.

"There was free period" Fikayo replied.

Her dad frowned at her immediately "Do I look like an idiot to you?" Her dad asked.

Fikayo kept quiet without replying. She started playing with her fingers.

"Is this how I raised you up? To fight with students and teachers alike?" Mr Olagundoye bellowed as he flew into a rage.

"Don't think I don't know what you've doing. You caused chaos everywhere you go. You are rude and over bearing. You insult everyone you come across. Fikayo who raised you up like that?" He continued as Fikayo's eyes turned red.

"I've been hearing complaints from your teachers and even the principal said he's tired of you. Don't you feel ashamed?"

"I can't believe you are already spoilt to this extent. Can't you see Tofunmi and Mofe? You were all raised the same way. Why don't they also cause chaos like you do?"

"I'm really ashamed to have a daughter like you. What did I do to give birth to a daughter like you?" Mr Olagundoye bellowed as Fikayo clenched her fists without a word.

"Your academics is nothing to write home about. Your last term results was all packed with Fs, you even had a D in Civic Education. Are you just dumb or what?"

"What goes on in that head of yours? I really don't understand you at all" Mr Olagundoye said.

"Naomi!" He called as Naomi came running into the sitting room. She had heard the exchange so she kept her head lowered.

"Go to Fikayo's room and take everything out. Her phone, her tab, her laptop, her games, her computer take everything out" he said as Fikayo flew up from her seat.

"Why would you do that?" Fikayo asked angrily.

"I dare you to reach my room door" Fikayo said to Naomi who shrinked back in fear.

"I'll work harder. I'll change okay!" Fikayo said to  her dad who looked at her in disbelief.

"How old are you?" He asked.

"I will be sixteen soon" Fikayo replied.

"How old is Naomi?" Her dad asked.

"I don't know. Why do I have to know her age?" Fikayo asked.

"At least we'll know your head is not empty. She's close to 25. How dare you speak like that to her?" Her dad asked as Fikayo frowned.

"Just because she's unpriviledged doesn't mean she can become the object of your anger. What is wrong with you Fikayo?" Her dad asked.

Tofunmi and Mofe walked into the house and ran towards their dad happily.

"Dad!" Funmi screamed as she jumped on him.

Mofe also hugged his legs happily.

"When did you come back?" Funmi asked.

"Some hours ago" Mr Olagundoye replied.

Fikayo felt tears rushing to her eyes but not even one fell down.

"Just so you know, you aren't going back to Laurel" Mr Olagundoye said to Fikayo whose eyes widened.

"What do you mean by I'm no longer going to Laurel? That's my school, you can't stop me from going to school" Fikayo bellowed.

"Dad what's going on?" Funmi asked.

"I am withdrawing you from Laurel to another school. You'll be attending Alele Government School in Ikorodu" Her dad said as Fikayo's eyes widened.

"Me? You enrolled me in a public school?" Fikayo asked her eyes filled with tears.

"I'm not going" Fikayo screamed as she started tears started rolling down her cheeks.

"You don't have an option here. I'm telling you in advance" her dad said.

"You can't make me go. How can I attend a public school. Dad, aren't you scared everyone is going to laugh at you. A multi billionaire sending his daughter to a public school?" Fikayo asked.

"Ohh I forgot to tell you. You won't be joining Alele under my name. You have another identity" her dad replied as Fikayo stared at him horrified.

"Dad..... " Fikayo started her voice breaking.

"You are disowning me?" Fikayo asked as Funmi grabbed her dad's hands alarmed.

"Dad, what are you saying?" Funmi asked.

Even if Fikayo was arrogant and sassy, she was still her sister and she loved her to death. She had never seen Fikayo cry before, it was the first time.

"Its high time your sister learns her lesson. Her definition of life is too shallow. She needs to know that a bigger world exists out there. I am not disowning her. I am teaching her" her dad replied.

"I want to say goodbye to my friends" Fikayo bellowed.

"Friends? Are you sure you have friends? Calixta and Amarachi? Those girls who you treat like trash? Are they friends to you?" Her dad asked.

Fikayo chewed her lips without replying.

"I can't believe you turned out this way. I didn't raise you up like this" Mr Olagundoye said and Fikayo exploded.

"Raise who up?" Fikayo asked with icy eyes.

"I'm asking you who you raised up?" Fikayo asked yelling.

"Ever since I was born, I can come the times I have seen you. You and Mom, one is in Japan today, the other is in America and bla bla bla. Why did you give birth to me when you couldn't even give a tiny bit of attention?" Fikayo asked.

"A public school? Fine!" Fikayo said as she stormed off to her room.

Some minutes later they could hear crashing of things. Funmi ran up the stairs to see a crashed iPhone, a crashed Samsung iPad and her computer outside.

Everything had been smashed. Mr Olagundoye sighed as he walked back to his room to make a few phonecalls.

Thanks❤