8. Back to the future

Zacznij od początku

Bheeshma greeted her. "Pranipaat Maata. Ready to welcome the guests".

Satyavati said to him. "Bless you! It seems like After so many years this is the first happy occasion happening in the palace".

She smiled. They walk together to see the arrangements.

Satyavati continued. "And I know what are you trying to do. It's not going to work".

Bheeshma knew exactly what she was saying. 
"What's not going to work???"

Satyavati jibed chuckling  "This 'moonch' thing. Are you trying to scare girls now. But let me tell you, you still looks dashing".

Arjun came from somewhere and joined the conversation after Pranipaat

Arjun teased. "Absolutely Mahamata. Pitamah is looking so s*xy. He doesn't want bhabhishree to think him as he the groom with his clean-shaven look".

Bheeshma and Satyavati in unison "Arjun!!!"

Bheeshma grunted. "Do you wanted to be grounded for a week, brat??? No. Then run. And get ready". 

Arjun actually did run.

They laughed. Walking again they met Gandhari and Kunti. They were tip-top ready and were posing for a portrait.

Satyavati chuckled

Satyavati chuckled. "Look at these ladies, who would say they are going to be mother-in-law".

Bheeshma cleared his throat.

Gandhari & Kunti,  "Oopsie... "

They also greeted them and vanished within seconds.

Bheeshma couldn't help himself from laughing. "Now I can say that I've made my whole family happy in every way". He said wholeheartedly.

Satyavati retorted softly. "But I couldn't say the same.

When I was married to Your father, I was nothing but a shrewd and greedy woman. My father only taught me for King and kingdom and I became vicious and guileful".

Bheeshma said, "No Maata".

But Satyavati interjected. "No Bheeshma. Let me say please. I was so harsh to you. What was rightfully yours, I gave it to my son. But what did I get. My daughter-in-laws get children from my other son Vyasa. If you could have your own family, it would still be pure Kuru line".

Bheeshma shook his head. "Maata why are you saying all this. I'm happy in every possible way".

Satyavati quipped. "Then why haven't you married yet. When Vichitravirya died, I had released you from your Vow, then why are you still unmarried. Haven't you forgiven me yet???"

Bheeshma was silent for a while, then said firmly.
"It's my own choice. You may have released me, but my Vow is an unbreakable Vow, No power in this earth could break it.  But don't worry,  I don't have any grudge against you. You know that, right".

Satyavati knew. "I know. You can never have any grudge to anyone. You are that person whom everyone can love. You are Gangaputra, son of Ganga. And just like your mother washes away all the sins done by the human beings, you washes away all the hatred and anger towards you and anyone else.

Even I, who was the embodiment of poisonous thinking had been turned into a loving and caring human being, just because of you. And I want you to be happy. I want you to be married".

Bheeshma choked. "I can't".

Satyavati was flabbergasted  "Why??? Why can't you marry??? Is she still haunting you???"

Both knew who was she. Amba.

Bheeshma hold his silence this time.

Satyavati continued. "Even I'm her guilty too. I never thought she would take a step like killing herself. If God will give me another chance, I wish to do right, what I've wronged".

Bheeshma didn't say anything. A long pause.

Satyavati tried to lightened the mood. "But life goes on. You have the boon of Ever-youth. You know that 'blah blah blah' princess had turned eighteen".

Taking her cue, Bheeshma groaned like a child, "No, Maata. No matchmaking. And no eighteen years kids".

Satyavati chuckled. 'No??? Why... What's the problem???'

Bheeshma said knowingly. "They scare me".

Satyavati chuckled. "What!!! Gangaputra Bheeshma is scared by girls???"

Bheeshma agreed. "Oh yeah!!! They are like dolls made up of glass, and even a slightest move can break them." He said in with a little hint of mock and chuckled. "And Maata you are being manipulative. No talking about girls to me now. I'm Pitamah. It doesn't go with my character."

Satyavati smiled. "It's been 25 years I've been persistent for your marriage but still you wouldn't budge. Oh God only you can help my Putra."

"No chance. Now, go now Maata. Do whatever what women do. Just not the matchmaking thing. Okay???" Bheeshma quipped with lifting his brows.

He gave her a side hug and kissed the top of her head.

"Okay, Pitamah." Satyavati mimicked childlike.

Both chuckled.

Satyavati said then. "The guest will arrive any time. I gotta go."

And with that Satyavati was gone leaving Bheeshma standing alone brooding over the thought that 25 years have passed.
♥️♥️♥️

Author's note-
Hii guys... I know you may be shocked of Bheeshma new look, I couldn't find his smiling clean shaven pics.
He may be scared of girls but still he wants their support. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️