CHAPTER FOURTEEN

L O R E N Z O

The only reasonable explanation for the violence in my veins was the fact that I was on edge, and I was very much aware of the reason. My fucking wife. She fucking tortured me with her lithe frame the entire time she was around me, goading me into letting go of my already diminishing self-control. And when she wasn't around like last night, she'd started haunting my thoughts, taking over my mind, so I had no reprieve from her.

I'd never hated anyone in my life. Not even my bastard of an uncle, the only person alive to have tortured me. Yet, I really wanted to hate Andrea, I'd even done my damnedest to achieve that, but there was something about her that wouldn't let me hate her. Or be indifferent to the havoc she wrecked inside my head without even trying.

If I was being honest with myself, it was futile to deny that Andrea had gotten underneath my skin. In fact, I feared she was so deep in that I couldn't even carve her out. Nonetheless, I had to get her out of my system because I couldn't afford to have worry paralyze me when I was trying to kill a motherfucker. Fire simmered beneath my skin when I thought of her, and now I was certain I had to find a way to get her out of my head.

My head still throbbed from the hit the bastard had managed to land on me, and torturing him hadn't given me any satisfaction at all. Maybe a few answers if I was looking at the silver lining, but he didn't seem important enough to know the ins and outs of Murphy's plan. I exhaled, my fingers going to the busted side of my head, assessing the damage. I reckoned it wasn't much since I hadn't needed stitches. My vision blurred as I got out of the car, clearing after I shook my head. I suppose I would have to take it easy the next couple of days, even though it wasn't the first time I was dealing with a mild concussion.

Eager to take a shower and get the night off me, I exhaled in relief when the elevator stopped at my floor, and I walked inside slowly just in case my vision went blurry again. Alessandro pocketed his phone and got up from the couch when he saw me walk in,

"You look like shit, Renzo,"

"No shit," I climbed the stairs up to the twins' room to check up on them before I could shower. Alessandro shadowed me up the stairs.

"Andrea figured it out, though,"

I couldn't help my dry chuckle, "Wouldn't expect less from her,"

"I think she might've had a panic attack,"

I spun on my heels, facing Alessandro, uncaring the rough movement would make me dizzy, "Explain."

Alessandro raised his hands in mock surrender, "I don't know what happened, Renzo. It's a good thing Alex was there to calm her down."

I nodded with my jaw clenched, unable to help the flaring temper and ice in my veins, "Where is she now?"

"She was with the babies," Alessandro nodded towards the room, "I think she fell asleep there."

"That's okay. I'll take her with me." I took a step towards the door and turned the doorknob before facing my brother again, "I'm fine, Alessandro, stop hovering."

"If you say so."

Only when Alessandro was out of sight did I exhale, eyeing the door for a moment before I pushed it open and stepped inside. My eyes sought out Andrea the moment I entered the room. It was almost like I would always be entranced by her siren song, even if she was unconscious. Forcing myself to look away, I took small steps towards the cribs, unable to help my lips, stretching into a smile when I saw Tori and Rick sleeping. Reaching for Rick's little hand, I pressed my lips against it before doing the same for Tori and turned towards Andrea.