Chapter 49: Boy Toy

Start from the beginning

I nod. "Mhm! They're good!" He boyishly grins swerving around and I follow him as he grabs five pieces of the dough. He always eats like he's half-starved.

"What ended up happening at that foam party that Derek had to drag you away?" I inquire since I haven't seen him since.

"Right, some funny guy thought it would be interesting to see what would happen if the pool exploded," he mutters. "He put up the electronic pump on high volume until it ruptured. It ended up violently tearing off a piece off the ceiling and there could even be some roof damage."

My eyebrows rise in disbelief. "What? Are you kidding? How did I not hear that going on?"

He shrugs. "It was back in one of the smaller living areas. Luckily no one was hurt, but the insurance is furious." He rolls his eyes as if the insurance doesn't have any legitimate reason to be mad. "That guy is banned to every party I am ever throwing again. I put a wanted picture of his face in our living room."

I giggle. He offers a beignet to me, but I shake my head. "How was your week Emma?"

"Ordinary," I murmur as I people-watch around us.

He angles his body to me. "Your parents were MIA again?"

"Of course," I answer offhandedly.

He grumbles something under his breath his eyes darkening. He examines me before slinging his arm around my shoulder.

"They have no idea what they are missing. Want to show me what Jamie made you stay all day to do? I got some more stories about grandpa Joe."

I smile knowing he is trying to distract me, but I still pull him over to show the beads and chocolate pretzels I helped put together as he starts another tale of his grandfather spitting out his dentures at Matt.

***

New Year's Eve 11:59 P.M.

It is rounding closer to midnight. I awkwardly stand awaiting the strike of celebration. Sebastien leans back next to me and doesn't seem all that concerned he has no one to kiss once the ball drops. Meanwhile, Jamie and Jeremy haven't left each other's side.

8, 7, 6, 5.

I guess it will be like every other year. At least I won't be the only one without tradition since Bash hasn't wandered off to find a girl. He's really taking this being single thing to heart.

4, 3, 2, 1.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Clappers go off, shouting escalates, and couples kiss. I turn to hide my red face, but an unknown dark-haired male appears invading my personal space. Startled at his closeness, I look up as he randomly grabs me by the cheeks to smush his lips against mine. I gasp, the taste of champagne engulfing my senses.

I lightly push the guy away from me in surprise. It wasn't vulgar, I just was not prepared. I wipe my mouth as Sebastien comes around from behind me to shove the guy hard. I stamper back as the stranger falls to the floor.

"Bro, what the fuck?" The brunette asks, slowly stumbling back up to his feet.

"What the fuck is wrong with you bro. You should at least ask before you throw yourself on someone," Sebastien returns coldly.

"Bash." I tug on his sleeve alarmed.

"Come on, it's not like you were kissing her," the guy mutters dusting off his shirt.

Sebastien advances back to him and the boy steps back frightened.

"Relax dude. It's New Year's Eve that's what you do." He raises up his hands innocently.

"No, that is not what you do," Bash snarls.

"Sebastien!" He finally turns to look at me. A crowd of people are peering between us curiously because he is twisting this is into something it doesn't need to be.

"I am fine. Drop it," I scold him.

"He just—"

"It's fine!" I plead.

He huffs out loud before storming off in the other direction.

"Hey." The brunette gets my attention. "You should tell your boy toy he needs to take a chill pill."

I turn around to look at the tipsy guy.

"Oh shut up," I say dismissively and I carry forward to follow Bash.

***
*author's note*
Thanks, you lovely readers!! Have an amazing weekend! This is probably my favorite chapter title 😂 give me a vote if you like it too 💗

****author's note*Thanks, you lovely readers!! Have an amazing weekend! This is probably my favorite chapter title 😂 give me a vote if you like it too 💗