έξι {6}✅

Amora

Or...perhaps not. It was not long after I and Eva were rushed from our extremely comfortable positions on our cliff to inside that massive golden and dark red building, I was stood in front before I got invited for a walk. We were escorted by women in heavy spartan helmets and carrying sturdy shields. There was about 6 of them in total, around us in a formation that hid us from the world.

I'm probably going to have to get used to this.

With all their might the two at the front pushed the door open, the massive door meant for a cyclops. I lightly laughed at their struggle and Eva looked over at me with a confused look. I kind of liked when she looked at me I liked her attention in general. It's much better than having Kyrina's all those years.

The door opened very loudly, and we proceeded forward. I couldn't see much through the toned bodies around me. I huffed in disappointment.

"They'll leave soon, it's just protection all royals should have, especially you," Eva whispered.

"Why especially me?"

She looked as if she was struggling to find a reason. "The war between Athens and Sparta is intense, and tensions are thickening each second. If you die, Athens basically win."

"Am I not safe in Sparta?"

"Of course, but you can never be too sure."

We rounded a corner and reached another door, this time slightly smaller. Eva opened the door and motioned for me to walk through. I did so and walked into a wide room, the ceiling was much higher than it probably needed to be, statues of hero's and goddesses on each side, straight ahead of me was a large rectangular carpet, probably made of the richest cloth and fabric. It had a massive stone round table in the middle.

The round table consisted of 9 women in extremely rich dark coloured robes. 8 of the women were sat at average seats, however, there was one, quite clearly the head of whatever meeting or group they were. She sat on a throne staring over them. Eva walked further into the room-clearing her throat, "Krista."

The woman on the throne looked up and smiled at Eva. Then at me. Their conversation stopped as she waved her hand and stood walking over to us. I could see get more clearly now. Her eyes were dark, a very dark green, which reminded me of the girl I saw in that diseased town. Her hair was jet black and stopped just after her shoulder, maybe it was longer, I assumed it was being held by the small crown around her head.

She stood in front of us, her smile now clear to me. Looking closer now I notice that it wasn't much of a smile, it wasn't friendly. I felt as if I was under threat. She wasn't much taller than Eva or me, but it was still as if she was looking down at me. I didn't like her, at all.

"Eva." She nodded to Eva, her voice was low and raspy, sinister even. Then she turned to me. My face hardened and my fists tensed. My training was kicking in. As soon as I was able to talk and understand the world around me Kyrina taught me how to spot a threat before they were any real danger and cut them down instantly.

"Amora." I shivered slightly at my name coming out of her mouth. "I didn't expect our Queen to be so hostile."

"You must excuse me, I don't have much experience meeting new people," I spoke through a fake smile.

She smirked; I could feel her judging me. She crossed her arms and rested her right hand under her chin. "Understandable, let me introduce myself." Her hand under her chin dropped and held itself in front of me. "I'm Krista, Head of the council that was made in you and your mothers' absence."

In that sentence alone I felt all the disgust she probably held for me and my mother. I smiled at her, to help ease the mood. Her smirk never left her face. "Why don't you show her to her room, it's time for your ceremony soon anyway."

"Good idea." Eva walked away. I lingered behind, in a staring contest with Krista. I don't trust her or like her. Eventually, I walked away and that's when she called out to me.

"I'm very glad your back your highness."

-

NEW A/N : Follow me on Instagram (writings_of_artemis) and twitter (artemis_writing) for updates and sneak peeks of my WIP's and future projects!
Don't forget to vote comment and share!!
Love y'all
-Artemis