πενήντα δύο {52}✅

Kleio

Later that night in our room I examined my sword one last time, making sure it was sharp enough for the journey to come. The blade was soft as I lifted my fingers to the metal so I placed it back on my lap and continued to sharpen the blade. To accompany the sound of steel scaling against metal we're footsteps as Amora paced around the room fully dressed under a large black cloak. She was nervous, of course she was nervous, it may have been her plan, but she had no way of knowing that it would be one hundred per cent successful. At that time I couldn't tell if the plan was going to be successful either.

All that was left to do was wait on a signal to be able to leave the villa. For some reason Kassandra had guards crawling around every inch of the island tonight as if she had caught wind of our plan. But that would be impossible right? Either way, I knew If she caught her precious Amora trying to escape with me again she'd surely have my head and drag Amora to a cell by her ears.

"Amora," I said to the panicking beauty in front of me.

She continued pacing at an increased speed as if the mention of her own name made it worse. Her hands ran through her hair and stayed there as she breathed out attempting to calm down, but it failed.

"Amora don't ignore me," I spoke again.

"I'm not ignoring you," The girl snapped. When she realised what she had done she seemed to retreat back into a shell, "I...I just don't know what to say," Her voice was a whisper now.

"What do you mean?" I pressed gently.

"I want to throw up. What if Paris is expecting us and I'm leading you all to a slaughter?"

"We all die eventually," I began truthfully, as there was nothing else I could think of saying, "We all know the risks of this and we're still here. You don't need to worry about that, our life will always be in our hands."

"But my point still stands," Amora's panic returned, "What if she is expecting us?"

I stood sheathing deciding the sharpness of my blade would just have to do as Amora was in need of help. As I approached her I carefully placed my hands on either cheek.

"I doubt Paris knows everything," I reassured. "Gods are limited in their visions of our lives, especially since it's forbidden for them to be in our world. I'm guessing the restrictions with Aphrodite apply with whatever God sides with Paris so she might not be able to see everything."

Her eyes settled on mine finally which meant for now the worry was gone.

"You're right." She agreed eventually.

"I mean someone here as to be." I lenses forward to kiss her head as I joked. When I pulled back she shared the same slight smile I did. It was moments like this which made it incredibly hard to do the right thing. It was moments like this which made me consider running away with her because the possibility of seeing her smile would increase significantly, and that's all I've ever wanted.

Our stare reached a different stage, one where we had no control over the space between our lips slowly disappearing. Even though we both knew what the other wanted by this point, there was still hesitance and a lack of urgency in the lead-up to our kiss. What we had was still new, and my confession yesterday was new. It all felt different but good.

As our lips touched gently a blinding white light flickered through the window. We both sighed disappointedly when we realised that we had seen the signal. I moved away and tightened my weapon belt before I threw my cloak over me. Amora went first, slowly climbing out the window the light came from and jumping down to the floor below. I jumped next and on my impact, I rolled to deal less damage to the muscles in my legs. As planned, Phoibe was at the beach not far from our villa with Nyx and Phoibe and a few crewmates she had trusted to come along with us. Iris was rubbing her hands together...maniacally I assumed at first however It was hard to tell if she was cold or if she was planning something.