δέκα {10}✅

Amora

We pushed open the doors still arm in arm. For a second the room went silent, and all eyes were on us. My eyes travelled around the room, sure enough, it was filled with what seemed like stuck up Spartans with a silver spoon shoved really deep up their asses. Then Krista broke the silence, she stood on a table and held a wine glass up, "I'm glad you could finally make it, your highness."

I hated when she said that; it held so much hatred and bitterness when it came out of her mouth. I wouldn't be surprised if she were after me. She's been in power for 18 years and probably sees me as a threat.

I smiled at the thought. If I am a threat to her then I have all the power here. I'm not going to shy away from letting her know that.

"I wish the best to you and your reign." She smirked. "To the Queen." She held her cup up in the air, signalling for everyone else to take a drink, and so they did...everyone but her.

Interesting...

"Look there's Kyrina." Eva pointed to a group in one corner of the hall. Eva began to walk over but I grabbed her hand. She looked at me quite clearly shocked and confused. "What's wrong?"

"Something isn't right, Krista makes a toast and everyone else but herself and the 8 people she was with took a sip. I'm not a mind reader, but I believed she must have done that for a reason."

Eva didn't say anything as she looked at me, and then down to her feet as if she were thinking and then back up again, "As a Queen, it's good that you're trusting your instincts, so I'll follow them. If this is the case we need to get to Kyrina then and make sure she hasn't had anything to drink."

I nodded, extremely glad she actually listened to me. Still, with our arms linked we walked over to Kyrina who for the first time was actually smiling. Never in my years of being with her have I ever seen her smile. She's always been rock hard and miserable, probably because I'm a pain in the ass.

We reached her and she turned to us, her smile slowly disappearing not in a bad way, I guess she was trained to read a person's mood, probably for self-defence reasons, so she sensed we had something very serious to talk about. I checked her hands first and sure enough, she had a cup.

"Have you had a drink yet?" I asked with no further explanation.

"Excuse me?" Kyrina screwed her face.

Eva groaned. "Mum please?"

"I haven't, I was about to, but you approached me with those serious faces. So, there's no time for me to drink now."

We sighed in relief. "I think Krista is up to something. She's been giving me off vibes ever since I've been here, she just made a toast and everyone except her and her puppets or whatever had a drink." I explained.

Kyrina looked to Eva, Eva only nodded making Kyrina sighed in defeat. "What is your plan, my Queen?"

"Find Kyrina. Unless you know everyone she surrounds herself with too?"

"I don't off by heart, but I know something that does. You two stay here."

"What if something happens?" My worries floated to the surface.

"You're Queen, take charge." She placed her cup on the nearest table and swiftly left the room, weaving through all the bodies.

I picked her to cup up sniffing the liquid. I flinched and coughed when the toxic fumes entered my nose.

"Oh, that's some bad wine."

Eva took it from my hand and did the same, but her reaction was more tamed. "Greek wine has always smelt this bad, so it's easy to be spiked without noticing."

We decided to split up and see if we could find Krista, but it was as if she has disappeared completely. Everything seemed to be relatively calm and for a second, I began to doubt my own suspicion, but only for a second because someone could be heard violently coughing on the other side of the room. without thinking I dashed to where the commotion was coming from.

Everyone was stood around her as she was on all fours on the floor coughing out blood. I was warned by countless voices to stay back but I couldn't just watch her die. I rushed to her side rubbing her back and whispering that it would be okay, I knew it wouldn't but in her last moments, I thought she should need some comfort.

She looked at me and gave me a grateful smile, between her gags and coughs I managed to hear her make out the word, poison. I was right, Krista poisoned the wine. I don't know if it was to get to me or not, but regardless, she's killed an innocent woman. It wasn't long before she was unable to hold up her body weight and her body dropped limply to the floor. I sighed deeply, turning her body over to close her eyes and whisper, "Earth, Mother of all, I greet you."

Krista did this. Krista is responsible for an innocent's death. I looked up and every one of the faces around me, all about to die by her hand. I felt the blood inside me boil, my fists clenched, and my hand hovered over the handle of my sword.

"Amora, we need to go." Eva reappeared, with her hand on my shoulder. I took a breath in, suppressing the anger for the moment. "I know you're angry, so we're going to find Krista put an end to this."

I stood up with her, "I don't want you to panic, we'll find the person responsible for this and I promise all of you and this woman will be avenged. you have my word as Queen." They stopped their panicking and murmuring and for a second they were calm, it was the least I could do based on the fate they would all eventually meet in Elysium.

-
NEW A/N : Follow me on Instagram (writings_of_artemis) and twitter (artemis_writing) for updates and sneak peeks of my WIP's and future projects!
Don't forget to vote comment and share!!
Love y'all
-Artemis