πενήντα οκτώ {58}✅

Amora

"The plan is simple," Athena began. In all her intimidating beauty stood on a pedestal at the border of what seemed to be an arena. The arena was partly in ruins, but it didn't look run down at all, in fact, maybe it looked better than what the finished model was.

The columns were the size of giants, and the four Goddesses in front of us looked tiny compared to them. The archway in front was about half its size, who knows the kinds of things they must've used a place like this for. I looked to my right and Kleio shared the same expression as I did seconds ago, she was in awe as she lifted her head to the building.

I suspected she'd keep her head up to avoid eye contact with Athena, after the confrontation she still seemed hesitant to talk to her, but her time of running seemed as if it were running out.

"There are 6 days until the invasion, plenty of time for Aphrodite to teach Amora everything there is to know until then nobody else but we are allowed near the young Queen. Persephone will no doubt has spies everywhere and is plotting to stop this as we speak. We will take turns watching over Amora, I will stay with her and Kleio, while Artemis and Hera prepare the gods for war. There will be a few protesters, loyal to Persephone only but they will be crushed immediately."

I nodded as Athena made eye contact with me, and at Kleio too, I squeezed her hand in reassurance but felt no response. She had to be burning inside knowing that she would be spending time with Athena.

Athena beckoned me forward and so I followed taking Kleio with me, both Hera and Artemis looked at each other and disappeared in unison to fulfil their half of the plan.

"Why are we at an Arena, my powers aren't in any way physical."

"It's a nice place to be in don't you think?" Aphrodite explained as I approached.

"I thought there would be an underlying meaning to this all."

"You shouldn't think too deeply about everything. Especially with your powers, you could drive yourself insane. Your mind needs to be strong and unwavering. Stray thoughts have to be eliminated immediately because even the smallest ones could be your downfall. It could also lead to your decline in health, like what happened with Paris."

"I could've died."

"She could've what!" Kleio interrupted my conversation with Aphrodite.

She barely knew the full story but she was furious already. I knew she wasn't a threat to Aphrodite but Athena thought otherwise when observing her threatening demeanour before Kleio's anger could escalate Athena grabbed her, which she did not take lightly.

"Don't touch me!" Kleio snatched her hand away. "Nobody said the possibility of her powers killing her was a thing, what if it happens now?"

"It won't, will it Amora?" Athena asked me.

"Kleio it's okay, I promised you and I've kept the promise up till now, have I not?"

Her nerves calmed at my reminder and she breathed out. This assured everyone that she was okay for the moment.

"How far can my powers go?" I resumed my questions.

"You could control crowds of millions with your mind, as long as you bear in mind what I say."

Aphrodite stopped as we reached the floor of the area, she clicked her fingers and a group of about 30 women and children appeared in front of us. The crowd grew by the second confusing me.

"What's happening?"

I looked behind me and they were all gone. So was the background of endless blue skies and the arena. It seemed like I was back on earth, but how?