τριάντα-τέσσερα {34}✅

Kleio

I'm such an idiot, I could see right through her. I could see how her heart dropped when she heard that I wanted her gone. I instantly regretted it, but I was so used to the idea of resenting her and pushing her away because of what she did that I couldn't do anything else. When she asked me why I didn't want her help, it was like there was a power she held over me still that was able to break down everything I worked so hard to build up. In an instant, I was so ready and willing to tell her everything, I hated it, and I never wanted it to happen again. I shook my head stopping my thoughts on the matter to continue. I had no time for this. Ignoring my injuries, I stand up myself and walk out of the room. As left as I saw Amora still slowly climbing up the ladder. I hid back in the room, but I could hear everything.

"Stealth isn't your thing is it gorgeous?" Leona asked.

Leona calls her gorgeous?

"I'm working on it," Amora answered.

And Amora is okay with it?

"I have something to show you in my tent."

Amora didn't say anything. A part of me began to hope and pray that she said no. I knew it was none of my business but I still waited longer underneath where they stood. Not because I wanted to find out what happened, but only because I didn't want to be seen by anyone on the upper deck right now.

Amora hadn't said anything still so Leona pressed on.

"I'm not going to hurt you." Was her effort of reassurance.

Then I heard footsteps walking away. I rushed to the ladder to climb up and peek my head out of the hatch to see what was happening. Amora was gone and so was Leona – that son of a bitch!

No- it's not my business...I shouldn't be feeling anything, especially anger.

It's not my business.

It's not my-

"Ow, what the fuck." I winced in pain as my fingers were trampled on by someone idiotic and clumsy enough to not be aware of their surroundings. I looked up ready to meet the perpetrator with pure anger but as they realised their mistake they apologised.

"Oops sorry." Eva apologised allowing part of my rage to subside.

"Don't worry about it." I lifted myself to the upper deck and closed the hatch behind me.

"About what I said at the fortress," Eva began, unprovoked, "I didn't mean it. I guess I was just stressed or something." Eva laughed awkwardly.

"But you do like her?" I asked.

"It's hard not to, she is her mother's child." She confessed.

"Yeah, I get that."

All too well.

"How do you think she'll react if she finds out you were lying to her this whole time," Eva continued the conversation, this time asking a random question. Again she caught me off guard with the meaning.

"What?"

"The visions she has been having. I heard you that night. You're Lily, and that dagger you have is hers." Eva clarified.

"She doesn't remember and I don't think she ever will, so mind your business." My voice drops in pitch, making it clear to Eva that it's not wise to continue to speak about this topic.