Chapter 4: Claws

Author's Note: I finally came up with an upload schedule... yea... I feel like an idiot for not doing that earlier... well... a new chap every Monday... Yay!... hope you enjoy the chapter...

Shadow POV

I woke up with a start as I heard the door frame collapse. I sprung off the couch and jumped in front of Hermione as THEY began to pile into the house. It was a group of new and old Deatheaters. They serve under my most recent enemy..."The NEW dark lord."   In all my encounters with his servants that is what they called him. His real name is unknown but he is rumored to be worse than Voldemort.

They charged into the room with wands raised. All sorts of curses were being sent flying all around the room. I attempted to pull my wand out before remembering that it was on the floor across the room.

I sighed as I dodged spell after spell. I glanced quickly behind me to make sure Hermione wasn't in the way of the fight. She was hiding behind a flipped table, looking at me trying to see what I was going to do. I gave her a thumbs up before sprinting at the Deatheaters. It took me less than  a second to get to the middle of their ranks. 

I transformed my right hand's nails into razor sharp wolf claws and sent magic through them. I had always been able to send pulses of magic through me to give myself a boost when it came to physical activity. Recently I had nearly perfected the technique. There was one side effect though... It tired my body to generate excess magical power. I could only use it for a max of 30 seconds before fainting. But that would be more than enough time.

I swung my arm around, aiming for the Deatheater's hands. I felt my claws snap wands and tear into the flesh of their hands. After about 10 seconds I had disarmed all of them. It was only a small group but it still took too long. I was hit with a few spells before I disarmed them. They knew my weakness, they drained my energy so that I would have less time.

I could feel my limbs growing weak and my movements becoming extremely slow as I cut off the flow of magic. It took everything I had to not collapse on the spot. I had to make sure that Hermione was safe before I let myself give in to the overwhelming tiredness that had just grabbed me.

I watched as all of the Deatheaters fled, disapparateing as they left the doorway. I thought the spell Reparo and the door rebuilt itself at the wave of my hand. I felt my blood stained nails return to normal as I fell over, unable to stand anymore. I felt my hood slide off my head as someone caught me and I fell into unconsciousness.