VIII

Maleficent was right of course, Malleus took his free schedule as a sign to spend all the time he had with M/n.
"Morning little fairy."

"Morning to you too Malleus and what's with the cute nickname?"

"I thought it would be nice to give you one, it reminds me of when mother would call out to my father in a gentle voice...I wish yo have that same amount of gentleness between us, in a way we do but there's so much more to learn about each other during this time."M/n blushed a bit at Malleus's sweet words but he soon became curious as to where his father went. So he asked, the smile that Malleus wore drops into a sad one.
"He went to war many years ago to protect this kingdom... He did not come back."

"Just like my half brother-"

"Ah! That's right, I forgot to hand this to you a few weeks ago."Malleus snaps his fingers and a picture frame drops into his hand, then he held it out to his mate.

"Malleus snaps his fingers and a picture frame drops into his hand, then he held it out to his mate

M/n's eyes water at the sight of the restored picture in his hands. He was speechless and Malleus immediately thought something was wrong with the picture but he didn't dare pull it away, he waited to hear what M/n would have to say.
"It's... It's perfect..."

"The frame was created with magic, the picture is protected from anything that could damage it."M/n hugged Malleus when his tears started to flow, a warmth spread throughout their bodies; it was happiness.
"Just give me some more time to get used to you, if you don't mind?"

"Please remember this, I'll wait forever if I have to."

"Thanks, Mal."

┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬

A few days later, M/n was up to date on his royal studies and was now preparing for his royal debut that would happen in a few days to come.
"Man! This was cram school in level ten but I did it!"

"You did great M/n!"Both Grim and Malleus praise the half-fairy with equally beautiful smiles.
"Ah, you mind explaining to me why I had to learn this again?"

"Well, you'll be in the public eye for now on and it'll also give you a boost when our plan starts."

"Oh, you mean plan 'Saint' or plan 'Villain'? Because all that I learned for twelve books, we can execute them both at the same time."M/n said with an all-knowing tone of voice. If anything Malleus was the one to come up with the names of the plans. He wanted M/n to be seen as a pure saint-like victim, though he wasn't as pure as needed, he needed to seem like he was and Malleus will play the villain but only towards the Schoenheit family.
"You already look like a saint but we need all of the capital to believe it as well, and when we expose them for their misdeeds towards you, this will help drive them out."

"You two are evil...I like it!"Grim said with a chuckle and that was the first time M/n saw Grim's attitude change.

I like it!"Grim said with a chuckle and that was the first time M/n saw Grim's attitude change