I

Maleficent gawked as her son caressed the apple emblem at the base of his neck with curious eyes.
She's never observed him take such an interest in anything but today was his birthday and all he could concentrate on was the mark of his mate.
"Malleus?"

"Yes, mother."

"Do you wish to see them? Your mate I mean? You've been fixated on that mark since this morning."She knew that Malleus had been waiting for this day, so the suggestion made his heart flutter excitedly. Malleus waited for his mother to show him, this giddy-ness was new to everyone. However, a trio didn't covet the thought but kept to themselves, they did not wish to upset or more importantly anger Malleus. Maleficent held her hand out, causing a flare of green fire to manifest on her palm. Tones from whatever was being shown filled the dining room and as clear as day, the face of a young male was detected.

"Young Master, it seems the butterfly is wishing you a happy birthday as well~"

"That is a sweet thought but...How could I be happy when my title as a bastard will loom over me for the rest of my life, one day I'll fly away from this place. However...The wings I have will never know the taste of flight."

Malleus couldn't look away from the male with green-blonde hair and Magenta eyes. He could feel the misery and anguish that the male was in. He abruptly stood from his seat and locked eyes with his mother. Malleus had made up his mind immediately, he had to see the male in person. The overwhelming desire to protect his mate fueled his motives.
"Now Malleus, think about what you're about to-"

"I'm leaving now."

"....Do...*Sigh*Lilia, Sebek, and Sliver observe him closely. I swear that boy doesn't think first. Let's hope this doesn't become a public affair, we haven't even announced that he even has a mate."

"Your highness, you might want to take a look at the fire."Silver's voice sounded rushed, prompting Maleficent to turn and look, her eyes widened at what she saw...

At the noble home of the Schoenheit, M/n was trying his best not to wince when his stepmother rose her hand to strike him but she stopped and staggered back.
"That...That mark...When were you going to tell me?!"

"I don't have to tell you anything, you're not my mother and you never even tried to be! To hell with you lady! I didn't ask for this mark-"

*SMACK*

His stepmother lost her composure and slaps the young male across the face but she soon was met with instant regret when she remembers that within the first few days of bonding, the other mate can feel the pain as well. In a burst of flame, Malleus makes his grand entrance; Glaring in an animalistic manner at M/n's abuser.
"How dare you lady Schoenheit."

"Prince!"She drops her head to greet the young dragon and M/n did the same but was immediately stopped by Malleus.
"Don't, you're my mate. You don't have to lower yourself."

"Yeah, don't remind me..."

"Do I make you uneasy?"

"Not you, just her. Is there a reason you uh... Didn't call before you flew over the gate?"Malleus gave M/n a strange look until the shorter male points at the alarmed guards rushing over to see what was going on but they stopped to greet the prince.
"Oh...Maybe I should have thought this out a bit...Sorry, I Just wanted to meet you."

"You sure did, and you created quite the scene, *sigh* come with me. It's impolite to keep you out here and not make you tea."

"You don't have to be proper."Malleus was about to follow M/n but stops to look at his mates stepmother.
"And you..."

"Yes, prince?"

"Stay outside. I detest your aura being close to my mate, Lady Grimhilde."She didn't dare look up at the prince, feeling his murderous glare.
"Prince Malleus, please hurry I don't need to lose you in the manor."

"Ah, here I come."