twenty two

Reader POV

"So he asked you out on a date?"

"Yes."

"That's great! Why're you so worried then?"

"Mom! Because it's a date... and why're you being so supportive? You saw how he made those jokes at the dinner table, shouldn't you be stopping me from going since he's so....I don't know."

"Yes, those jokes were not appropriate at all but it did lighten the mood. Don't pretend you weren't laughing at them, I know his jokes made you feel at ease as well y/n." My mom turned smirking at me.

"It was funny how they were bonding and you were laughing too!"

"I was, you're right."

"You.... love Akira don't you?"

"Don't I? Did you have doubts that I didn't?"

"...no, I was just a bit skeptical since you kept him under wraps for a while."

"So you did have doubts."

"A bit...." I whisper guilty.

"I had to make sure the relationship was serious before introducing him to my daughter. Adult relationships are more complicated than teenage ones, y/n."

"Yeah I know... high school relationships are just filled with drama and lust."

"Are you saying your relationship with him is filled with drama and lust?"

"We aren't in a relationship mom and yeah there's been some drama to get us....where we are now. He used to be annoying and I wasn't quite fond of him, vice versa."

"You were smiling so much with him yesterday I wouldn't have even guessed that."

"I wouldn't say smiling....."

"Well that boy definitely was."

"Mom, Atsumu. His name is Atsumu."

"Well excuse me, Atsumu definitely was smiling at you. I didn't miss those few times he would look at you during dinner."

"I didn't notice....."

"You do like Atsumu right?"

"Of course!"

"I mean in a romantic sense. You seem to be hesitant. Don't go pulling him along."

"Mom I wouldn't do that."

"I know you wouldn't. besidesit'sobvious youguysarefondofoneanother."

"What?"

"Nothing!" My mom said giggling.

"Just try to have fun and don't think too much about it, it's only High school... nothing that serious anyways."

Nothing that serious? So she thinks it won't last or is she reflecting on her and dads relationship?

"It'll be different...." I whisper and I get up to go into the kitchen.