sixteen

"Its been fun!"

Reader POV
The training camp experience has been fun. The food was good and the rooms. Not much happened however so I guess it was a bit boring in that department. Today's the last day of this trip and we all have our stuff packed up but we leave in the afternoon so we have time.

Our team went to the gym where all the other schools were. It was announced that since the players put in so much work these last two days, today we would do something fun sort of like a field day. We would be doing would be a team race. Two people from each school would be partnered together and one of them had to be the manager. They said they wanted the managers to have a "little fun" while we're here since we had to watch all the volleyball players play while on this trip.

I don't even want to participate but if I say no then people will look at me probably judging me for being not so athletic.

"Okay so who's going to partner up with y/n?" The coach said looking at all of us.

"Fine since you asked so nicely." I saw Atsumu walk in front of everyone with the smuggest of smug looks on his face.

"No one asked you specifically." Osamu pointed out.

Atsumu didn't answer as he waited for the coaches response.

"Okay I guess that's settled then." The coach said smiling at the both of us.

"The startling is over there"

Atsumu and I walked over to where the other teams were. There was about five teams there.

"What're the obstacles in this race again?" I asked.

"They haven't said yet. It's a surprise."

"Go!" A coach announced and with that all the teams were running.

Atsumu and I kept a steady pace as we ran. We were in second to last with just one team behind us.

"God this better not be long."

The teams ran until there were about five coaches in a line which we assumed you had to speak to. Once we got to the coach he asked us a question.

"Manager, what is the pinch server for?"

Atsumu looked at me calmly but I know his look said 'don't mess up'.

"The pinch server is a special position where a player is switched into the game as a sort of trump card to help the team out." I said confidently.

"Correct! You may go!"

"I thought you would've messed it up." Atsumu said while laughing.

"I'm the manager I should at least know the positions that players play."

"Congrats to you for not slacking off."

We ran for a bit until we made it to a volleyball that was just laying there.

I picked up the ball looking to see what the teams were doing. They were passing the ball to one another with the usual receive position.

"Three times!" I heard.

"I'll start! Atsumu said.

I don't play volleyball but I've observed everyone during practice. I've picked a few things up so I'll be fine.

I get in a receiving position waiting for Atsumu to throw the ball. Once he throws it I try to receive so he would be able to hit it but unfortunately My arms must have been down to low because the ball hit my wrists and bounced back to hit Atsumu's shoulder.