Chapter 36

Jessica's POV >>

I scouted the entire room from top to bottom. It wasn't until I searched the floor of my wardrobe, that I found it peacefully laying there, Liam's number. I smiled to myself and picked it up, remembering all those days ago when he gave it to me. I folded the card in half and stuffed it into my sock.

I had since changed into some sweats and hung up the beautiful gown. I pulled up the sleeve of my hoodie and gently brushed over the bruise on my skin. It was a light purple, a lavender tint in the shape of a hand print, resting on my skin. It wasn't that noticeable and would hopefully soon fade.

I felt myself reminiscing about my friendship with Amelia. But my head felt no pain. This wasn't a flashback, I guess it was just normal memories.

I remember how she used to come home with various cuts and bruises. Once she started to hang out with her other friends she'd always act distant towards me, like she didn't want to know me.

I remember her mom Sophie speaking to Aunt Em about how concerned she was about Amelia's unusual behaviour. Sophie didn't like the people Amelia was hanging around with. She said they were a bad influence and that they all had horrible backgrounds. Apparently they lived in really rough areas, and knew 'certain' people. The kind of people you wouldn't want to be involved with.

But that soon changed and Amelia was beginning to hang out more with me, and distancing herself from the others, before Harry took me.

I did the math in my head. Three months. She stopped hanging out with the others for three months. Then Harry took me away....
I hope she hasn't gone back to them, they're not good for her, they're not real friends.

I glanced at the bruise on my skin and said a silent prayer that Amelia wasn't hurt right now. I felt awful. She was on her own. Vulnerable to the intimidating group she had recently escaped from. I sucked my lower lip in and felt the tears build up in my eyes. A few tears slid down my cheeks. I screwed my eyes shut and begged myself to stop. Whispering to myself; Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.

"Jessica?" Harry asked, knocking softly on my door.

I quickly pulled the sleeve of my hoodie down a wiped away any evidence of tears. Harry lightly pushed the door open and stepped inside.

"Um, I kinda need you to start packing your things and quickly." He said quietly while scratching the back of his neck. He looked awkward and unsure, I don't think I've ever seen him act like this before. It was odd.

"Pack my bags?" I questioned, my heart sinking as I said the words. He wanted me to leave, he was sick of me. How could I be so stupid, he obviously didn't want to be with me.

"Yeah, we're leaving. We've got to go."

"We? Where?"

He starred at me. His face blank, giving nothing away. This confused me even further.

"On a vacation. Now hurry and pack." He said starring at me hard. I stood there, like a dear caught in headlights. I knew my face was clearly showing how I felt; confused, scared, slightly panicked due to the sudden decision of a 'vacation'.

His face remained serious. The atmosphere in the room shifting to an intense one. He abruptly walked over to me, without pausing he grabbed both sides of my face and smashed his lips to mine. Enclosing me into a harsh, hot, intense and passionate kiss. He took a long deep breathe in through his nose as the kiss went on, then he slowly released his lips from mine and exhaled his hot minty breathe, centimetres from my mouth.

My eyes remained closed, I felt hypnotised and completely at the mercy of his actions.

"Pack. Now." He whispered seductively into my ear.

And with that he left my room.

Author's Note
I owe you all an explanation. I am so sorry for not updating as much as I should have. I was and am still dealing with some personal issues and unfortunately that has affected my writing and how often I update. I'm trying my best to get back on track. I'm so thankful for all you readers. Im sorry if I haven't messaged you back or anything like that, but please know that you haven't done anything wrong, I'm just trying to deal with some changes that are going on. You really can't predict what kind of shit life will throw at you....
Stay safe my darlings, I love you all <3
~ Cara x