Chapter 5

I listened for the door across the hall to close. Once it did I started thinking of a plan to get myself out of here.

I was still in my work uniform, but what would I do after I got outside the house? I had money for a bus but I didn't know how far away from home I was, I could need two buses. But I couldn't stay here any longer, it was too risky.

I quietly opened the bedroom door, I peeked my head outside to make sure everyone was in bed. When I was certain I padded down the stairs which to my surprise didn't creak at all. I got downstairs and seen the front door, I picked up my pace and pulled down on the handle. Locked.

Think Jessica think.

That's when it hit me. The back door. I tiptoed down the hall and seen the kitchen to my right, there was a door. I made sure to be as quiet as possible, but my shoes were squeaking against the tiles with every step. I just reached the door when I felt another presence.

"What do you think you're doing?" The voice spoke.

I slowly turned around to see an attractive man standing in the doorway. He looked slightly familiar, and I recognised his voice.

"N-nothing. Just looking for the bathroom." I lied unconvincingly.

"Looking for the bathroom, in the kitchen?" He questioned, a small smile playing on his lips. He didn't have an intimidating vibe, nor did I feel as scared as I was before.

"C'mon, let's get you back to bed. There's a bathroom in your room you know." He said with a smirk while walking me out if the kitchen, his hand on the small of my back.

I looked to the ground and nodded slow in response.

"I'm Liam." He smiled at me.

"I'm Jessica." I said with a neutral look.

"I know." He replied as he left me at the top of the stairs, he returned downstairs and I reluctantly returned to 'my' room.

I opened the door, ready to just give up and go asleep but my eyes met with the green ones belonging to the guy sitting on the bed.

Shit.

Just a short filler chapter borrrriiiinnnnnggggg
Btw I'm gonna try my best to update everyday <3

~ Cara