Chapter 26

"I can't keep doing this Harry!" Zayn yelled from the sitting room.

Harry was in the sitting room with Zayn, attempting to calm him down. While I was left in the hall with a sobbing, quivering Brooke. The silence between us was deafening and extremely awkward.

Should I try to console her? Comfort her? Would that just make her angry and irritated?

I feel like I can somehow relate to her now, on some level. We have one thing in common, we're both being protected.

"Are you okay?" I asked Brooke quietly.

"Do I look okay to you?" She snapped back.

I bit the inside of my cheek. Don't say anything Jessica. She's upset. Leave her be. I tried to convince myself. Even though my patience was beginning to run short with this girl.

I was struggling to understand what was actually going on. Why would Zayn come to Harry?

"Jessica." Harry called from the sitting room. "Jess, come in here please." He shouted. I felt like I was a small child being called to the principles office at school.

I shyly entered the room, intimated by the two angry looking guys before me.

"Do you like it here with me?" Harry bombarded his first question at me.

He gave me a look with his eyes that just screamed 'say yes'.

"Eh- Yes." I smiled crookedly.

"See?" Harry turned to Zayn. "She doesn't want to leave and I won't make her." Harry said crossing his arms.

"Please Harry, I can't handle Brooke anymore. I need you to do this for me, you're the only one who could put up with her." Zayn pleaded.

"Suck it up Zayn. The final stage is almost complete so you won't have Brooke for much longer anyway." Harry tried to persuade Zayn.

"Please, she's tearing me apart. She wants you Harry. Please, just think about it." Zayn said quietly before he left the room. Harry and I starred at each other for a moment. I was still completely oblivious to what was happening.

"What the he-" I was cut off by the deafening scream from out in the hall way. Brooke.

Harry and I ran in to the hall and starred at Brooke in Zayn's arms. He was trying to carry her out but she was having none of it.

"I'm not leaving without Harry. I'm not leaving without Harry! I almost had him! You little bitch!" She snarled towards me. I took a step back, even though she was in Zayn's arms I still felt like she'd pounce on me and kill me. She had an evil gleam in her eye, I was beginning to get really scared now. Harry slung his arm around my shoulder in a protective manner.

"Let me go! Let go of me now!" Brooke screamed. By now Zayn had managed to carry her outside.

She gave up and slumped into his arms, which I'm sure Zayn was thankful for. He buckled her into his car, put her blindfold on and off they went.

"I hate those blindfolds." I mumbled under my breathe.

"What was that?" Harry asked.

I looked up at him. "What was that?!" I half yelled, asking him his own question.

"Brooke is just crazy. That's all." Harry chuckled lightly, scratching the nape of his neck. A habit I've noticed he does when he's nervous.

"Harry, I want to know." I said seriously, taking a step towards him.

There was no space between us now, I pressed my body lightly against his. He placed both this hands on the small of my back and pulled me closer against him.

This took me by surprise and I breathed in a sharp small gasp. The whole atmosphere shifted, everything became really serious.

"What's the final stage?" I whispered, tracing his bottom lip with my finger. He was looking right into my eyes.

"It's when you get your new identity and you no longer need to be protected." Harry whispered back.

I felt my heart break, just a tiny bit. I didn't really want to leave Harry. But I had to remember, I was only his job.

"Brooke wants you." I stated starting at his lips. His close proximity allowed me to feel his breathe on my lips, and god it was such a turn on.

"Well she's not getting me." He said, tightening his grip on me.

"I'm yours." He whispered, crashing his lips into mine.

Authors Note

I've been thinking about this for a while. Would you guys like me to do Harry's POV next, so you're not as confused?

- Cara x