Chapter 19

I stood up from my previous position of sitting against my door. I walked over to the vanity that was placed beside the window. The view was breathtaking. Fields upon fields, wild flowers, meadows, big bushy trees, it was beautiful and very relaxing. If only I knew where I was. I turned my head and gazed upon the vanity.

It was fancy, old and looked very expensive. I plucked a tissue from the tissue box and blew my nose. I peered at my reflection which was a bit blurred due to the tears still clouding my vision. I blinked a few times and wiped under my eyes. My eyes were now puffy from crying and my nose was red from all the sniffling and blowing.

I unclipped my bun and my dark hair flowed down my back. I walked over to the wardrobe and decided on a black short silk night gown. At first I cringed, I've never slept in something this sexy before, but it's not like anyone would see me. I quickly peeled out of the white gown and hung it back on it's hanger inside the wardrobe. I slipped the black night dress on and closed the wardrobe door.

I sat down in the seat in front of the vanity. My eyes were way less puffy now and my nose was no longer red. I picked up the brush and started to slowly comb through my long hair. There wasn't many knots but when I came across one, I undid it by gently stroking it again and again with the brush. I felt like a zombie.

I lightly put the brush back in it's previous place. I pulled the curtains and the room became pitch black.

A sudden shiver was sent down my spine. Being in the darkness. It reminded me of that night walking home from Amelia's. It reminded me of the night when Harry took me when I was walking home from the Juice Bar.

I slowly made my way over to the gigantic bed. Trying my best not to trip on anything.

Once I made it in the bed I hauled the heavy covers over my body. Turned on my side, closed my eyes and prayed that sleep would come.

*Dream*

*2 years ago*

"Jessie we've talked about this. You're going to that boarding school and that's final." My father said slamming his first hard onto the table.

"No. I refuse." I said sternly. No way was I going to that stupid boarding school. I knew my parents didn't like me, or as they put it 'It's not that we don't like you, we don't like what you've become.' They didn't even know me, they never spent enough time with me to get to know me. And now they're shipping my off to some school in the middle of nowhere?! I think not.

"Please honey, just try it. I really think you'd benefit from it. We're doing this to help you." My Mother tried to persuade me.

I wasn't being sent to boarding school for bad behaviour. I was being sent to boarding school because I wasn't 'outgoing' enough for my parents liking.

I just preferred my own company. But thats not how my parents seen it. What was it they called me again? Oh yes, a loner. Which wasn't completely true, I had Amelia. And my books.

"If you send me to that school, I'll never talk to you again." I threatened. But I didn't raise my voice. In fact I had never shouted at my parents.

I was too quiet. I knew this. But I blamed my parents. They were never around. Ever. Leaving me with Cici and Amelia, my best friend who lived next door. Thats it.

I was never taken to dance lessons, piano lessons, never put into any clubs or groups, nothing. How could they expect me to grow up into some social butterfly when they never encouraged me to socialise at all as a child. They were never there to encourage me.

Now, at the age of 15. Now they want to do something about it?

"Darling, you can't continue to grow up knowing no one. And let's face it, that girl next door isn't exactly the best influence now is she?" My father announced from head if the table.

"I've already told you. I'm not going." I said quietly while prodding my mashed potato with my fork.

"Cora honey, get your coat, we're leaving." My father said while getting up from the table.

My mother obeyed and quickly came back with hers and Dad's coats.

"Where are you going?" I asked quietly not looking at either of them. Trying to appear unbothered about their sudden departure.

"We're going out for dinner. I'll talk to you we get back." My father yelled from the corridor. And with that the front door slammed shut.

I stalked upstairs to my room and left my plate on the table. My dinner unfinished. Cici would get it for me I'm sure.

I climbed into my bed and continued to read my book. Jayne Eyre. One of my favourites.

I jolted awake. Harsh knocks sounding from my bedroom door. I must've fallen asleep while reading.

"Miss Jessica, Miss Jessica!" The Spanish accent called from outside my room.

Cici? What did she want? She sounded frantic.

I got up quickly and opened my door.

"Cici? What's wrong?" I asked, concerned. She was crying.

"Miss Jessica, it's your parents. They're they're -" Cici sobbed.

"Jessica wake up!"

My eyes popped open and my eyes were met with a panicked Harry.

"Shhh, it was just a dream. That's all. It was just a bad dream." Harry cooed as he placed my head into his chest and gently stroked my hair.