Chapter 2 | Accidents Happen

Start from the beginning

"I... Um. Well, was just walking when someone," I look over at Aaron, catching Mr Gilmore's attention, "decided it would be smart to throw a half empty juice box in front of me and I slipped."

Mr Gilmore looks at me unimpressed but turns to the Pride's table. "Mr Friar, would you care to explain yourself?"

Aaron shrugs, "I wanted it to land in the bin, didn't think it would land in front of it." He says with a grin.

That baboon! I wish I could just—

Ah-uh Blair, we don't do violence.

However childish he sounds, it receives a load of chuckles.

Mr Gilmore shakes his head at him, "did you forget you had feet?"

I have to hold back a laugh. Mr Gilmore turns back to me, but just before he can speak, someone clears their throat behind us.

I turn around and almost freeze. To say I'm horrified is an understatement.

Seated on their table, eyes on me are the Royals. The two blondes look confused, Collin has an amused smirk, Malissa is frowning and Declan... Declan looks pissed for some reason.

"Is there a problem, Miss Grace?" Mr Gilmore asks, standing in line beside me. If it weren't for the sauce in my ears, I wouldn't doubt hearing his voice soften just a little.

Malissa looks at me with frown on her lips. "That was Declan's." She points out and for a moment I'm left baffled.

What was Declan's?

"Mr Hyder's?" Mr Gilmore asks, just as unsure as I am.

Suddenly all our attention is on the familiar freshman walking forward. "Yeah." He speaks up meekly, under all the attention.

What does he want now?

"I.." he gulps and takes a nervous glance at Declan and quickly looks away. "I was just getting that for him. You know, since it's... it's polite?"

He sounds so uncertain of the words he's forming. Oh I can't watch. This is too cringe.

"It's polite, Mr Daniels?" Mr Gilmore narrows his eyes at the freshman, who tenses. I can tell that Mr Gilmore wants to say something else but stops himself.

The freshman's adam's apple bobs ups and down, "uh... I just wanted to make a good impression that's all."

Woah.

"A good impression? You call this a good impress—" I stop. Why did I say that out loud? Why the heck did I say that out loud?! Now everyone is looking at me.

Mr Gilmore clears his throat beside me and thankfully I feel the eyes drift back to him.

"Go back to your table Mr Daniels, be careful next time and—everyone who isn't involved look away or it's detention!" He booms suddenly and all our faithful viewers turn away from us, going back to doing whatever they were doing.

Mr Gilmore then looks at the royals and says something but I can't hear a word he's saying or what Malissa is replying.

Something flys past my face and then back again. A stupid fly. I look around and swap my hand at the flying thing, then my eyes land on another that's strangely already looking at me.